After months of natural separating of the Czech Republic with neighborhood states because of border mountains, the bird flu now appears in the Czech Republic. Minister said, it was only a question of time until it was detected here.
A swan was found with H5N1 virus in the Vltava river near Hluboka nad Vltavou, in the southern part of the country.
The minister of medical affairs, the minister of Agriculture, head of the State Veterinary Office and the Chief hygienist ensure the public, that the Czech Republic is very well prepared both preventive and healing and there is no reason to panic.
Theme: Bird flu
- Bird flu confirmed in the Czech Republic again [June 22 2007, 15:21 PM]
- Czech scientists are developing new cure against Bird flu [August 14 2006, 12:31 PM]
- All dead swans had bird flu H5N1 [April 27 2006, 10:27 AM]
- Bird flu killed 12 birds in Czech republic [April 14 2006, 11:59 AM]
- Deadly bird flu in the Czech Republic [March 27 2006, 19:20 PM]