Prague has new bicycle lane. Yesterday was officially opened by vice-mayor of Prague Jan Bürgermeister. On bike, of course. The lane is about two and half kms long and starts in centre of Prague near Rudolfinum and leads on quay to Libensky bridge. There can bikers continue to north to Roztoky or to east to Kyje.
The bicycle lane was officially opened in these days because of floods in last weeks. Now it leads on side-walk, cobblestones and one part of lane is next to an old batching plant and new building site, where will be a park and a recreation place.
But all this imperfections will be removed.
Prague counts with 34 millions Czech crowns in year 2006, which will be used to build bicycle lanes in Prague. That is in comparison with last year with 18 millions CZK huge difference. But there is still problem with travelling on bicycle in Prague: Most of lanes are for trips, but get to some place in Prague on bike is still a problem.
Longest cycle tracks have from 13 to almost 27 kilometers. This one leads from National Theater through Karlin, Hrdlorezy, Kyje, Dolni Pocernice and Dubec to Kralovice.
- Prague Transport Company Changes in 09 – less of everything [January 27 2009, 09:55 AM]
- Prague Parking Zones Changes in 2009 [January 23 2009, 13:53 PM]
- Underground Prague Highway should save the Wenceslas Square [January 21 2009, 13:49 PM]
- Congress Centre: Traffic During Chairmanship [January 15 2009, 13:18 PM]
- Gas cheaper, Taxi not in Prague [January 9 2009, 11:42 AM]
- Pay for Prague Parking by Mobile Phone [January 5 2009, 17:32 PM]
- Prague Public Transport, Sundays 2009: less lines [December 22 2008, 08:49 AM]
- Christmas parking in Prague for Free [December 17 2008, 09:54 AM]
- CSA Flights no longer with Free Food [December 12 2008, 07:48 AM]
- Future Toll in Prague: Proposal of 120 czk [November 20 2008, 09:46 AM]
- Czech Greens made trucks stop on Friday evenings. [November 13 2008, 15:26 PM]
- Czech Police has new cars, 2009 style management of traffic accidents [November 3 2008, 14:39 PM]
- The tunnel under Vysehrad is out of order [November 3 2008, 10:46 AM]
- When do I need Winter Tires in the Czech Republic? [October 31 2008, 14:33 PM]
- The station Narodni trida in Prague will be only closed for 8 months [October 31 2008, 08:44 AM]
- The tunnel under Vysehrad is going to be closed. [October 31 2008, 07:06 AM]
- Engineering sites under Prague sight-seeing [October 16 2008, 11:23 AM]
- Borders of Prague to have more green [October 15 2008, 09:55 AM]
- Road-toll in the centre of Prague will be 50-100 czk [October 14 2008, 14:03 PM]
- CSA strengthening lines to Germany [October 9 2008, 11:29 AM]
- Afterpiece of Prague Taxi Demonstration [October 8 2008, 11:48 AM]
- The USA to abolish Visas for Czechs? [October 7 2008, 09:47 AM]
- Road-toll in Prague silently coming nearer [October 6 2008, 13:38 PM]
- Prague Taxi Drivers Demonstrate at Airport [October 1 2008, 08:58 AM]
- New Prague Tourist Map: Sightseeing routes by Tramway [September 23 2008, 15:55 PM]