Vltava river has seven islands in Prague with different purposes and content. Some of them will change face on account of next floods.
Slovansky (or Zofinsky, “Slavic”) island has new anti flood equipment including barriers.
Strelecky (“Shooting”) island will have only current restaurant and park.
Stvanice island should be mostly revitalized. It is panned to build park, sport ground. Ice stadium and tennis-court still.
Cisarsky (“Emperor”) island will remove colony of gardens and cottages, sewage disposal plant will be extended by one third. Remain of park and riding club will continue its existence.
Rohan and Liben islands are not islands technically, but still they are in small level above the river. Concreting plant will be demolished, there would be park and recreation place. Golfers, gardens and bazaar should disappear.
- Large flood exercise in Prague in three weeks [August 17 2007, 13:30 PM]
- 5 years from the worst floods in Prague [August 14 2007, 15:10 PM]
- Nearly five years from the terrible floods in Prague [August 2 2007, 14:52 PM]
- The last water damaged book was dried up [January 11 2007, 12:04 PM]
- Floods 2002 - Photo exhibition [August 16 2006, 14:19 PM]
- New device against floods - 16 pumps [July 12 2006, 09:37 AM]
- Water at roads [May 30 2006, 11:40 AM]
- Water is rising again [May 29 2006, 15:42 PM]
- Prague islands on Vltava river will change [April 19 2006, 15:08 PM]
- Water and photos [April 7 2006, 11:51 AM]
- The end of floods [April 6 2006, 12:02 PM]
- Floods in Prague: Day three [March 31 2006, 20:12 PM]
- Floods in Prague: Day two [March 30 2006, 19:54 PM]
- Floods in the Czech Republic [March 29 2006, 19:44 PM]