Voting rooms will be opened this day from 2 PM and voters can decide about leaders of Czech Republic for next four years.
The election to Chamber of Deputies are most important elections of all. Czech Republic has also Senate elections, Region elections, Municipal elections and Elections to Europe Parliament (Europe Union). It is expected that during new government new elections will be created: (straight) President elections. There is also an option of making a referendum, but it was used only once during existence of Czech Republic – a decision to become Czech Republic a part of European Union.
Elect candidates will become members of the Chamber of Deputies and they will decide about a new structure of the government. Czech Chamber of Deputies has 200 seats. Members are voted by comparative representation method. A Party has to have over 5 per cents to become a Parliament Party – to have some member in Parliament.
Voting rooms are open until 10 PM on Friday, on Saturday it will be from 8 AM to 2 PM. Voting results should be known during Saturday evening. Czech Republic laws don’t allow re-counting of votes.
- ODS Congress – Go on Without Klaus, Bem [December 8 2008, 09:24 AM]
- ODS elects the new leader today [December 5 2008, 09:38 AM]
- Topolanek – Bem 7:0 in the half-time [December 1 2008, 13:32 PM]
- The Communist Party returns to Power. Slowly, steadily. [November 14 2008, 15:06 PM]
- Bem to became the new leader of ODS? [October 29 2008, 12:39 PM]
- Senate elections in CR – Again, CSSD won [October 27 2008, 08:43 AM]
- Reasons why ODS lost the regional elections [October 21 2008, 13:13 PM]
- Topolanek taking Fire [October 21 2008, 11:41 AM]
- Is Bem going to Big league politics? [October 20 2008, 11:50 AM]
- CSSD Crushing win in Regional Elections [October 20 2008, 09:38 AM]
- Local Government Election in CR: Even [October 13 2008, 09:49 AM]
- The winning leader of the Greens is Bursik [September 8 2008, 11:54 AM]
- Congress of the Czech Greens started [September 5 2008, 16:54 PM]
- The new Leader of Czech Greens will be Who? [September 4 2008, 13:41 PM]
- Pool: If elections were now, CSSD would win [June 10 2008, 17:25 PM]
- Havel appealed to Prague: Do not vote for ODS [June 2 2008, 09:58 AM]
- Vaclav Klaus - The Winner of Discreditable Elections [February 19 2008, 14:36 PM]
- Vaclav Klaus re-elected president of the Czech Republic [February 18 2008, 17:46 PM]
- 2nd Round of Elections; Who will be the next Czech President? [February 15 2008, 10:54 AM]
- Presidential Elections and Role of Communists [February 12 2008, 16:09 PM]
- 1st Round of CR Presidential Elections: Klaus was close [February 11 2008, 08:38 AM]
- 1st Round of Czech Presidential elections tomorrow [February 7 2008, 18:00 PM]
- Svejnar: I am ahead in opinion polls [February 6 2008, 13:38 PM]
- Czech Republic Presidential Elections in four days [February 4 2008, 09:55 AM]
- The first Klaus vs Svejnar duel [January 30 2008, 17:06 PM]