More than one third drivers is breaking the law in Prague. Friday police action has shown that most frequent is an exceeding of maximum speed. It was in 500 cases in 2000 controlled cars. Police levied 160 000 Czech crowns in fines during one day.
This action shows that new driving law entering into force at 1st July is good choice and it will be very helpful. An every breaking of traffic regulations will cost much more crowns than now and driver will get some number of penalty points depending on relevance of the breaking. When number will reach twelve, a driver will lose his driving licence for a year and he will have to pass a driving school once again.
In some cases, each driver can lose driving licence even immediately at a place.
This law will be applied to foreigner driver as well. Foreigner driver will pay same cost, when he will have not enough money the police can ban him further driving until the pay of a fee. Police will also record negative points of foreigner driver and it can forbid him entering into country by car or further driving in the republic.
These negative points will decrease by four if the driver would drive 365 days without any breaking of the driving law.
Theme: Czech law
- Marihuana almost decriminalized in the Czech Republic [January 8 2009, 15:26 PM]
- Taxis in Prague are going to be yellow only [January 5 2009, 11:39 AM]
- Proposal of Solving Czech Gipsy Ghettos [December 10 2008, 15:46 PM]
- Tying Czech Football Hooligans [December 9 2008, 13:36 PM]
- Czech Neo-Nazi group will be banned [November 25 2008, 13:22 PM]
- Czech M.P. Against Sex With 14 Year Olds [November 18 2008, 09:12 AM]
- Sex With a Fourteen? Doctors are against the new law. [November 14 2008, 09:19 AM]
- Legal Age in Czech Republic: Now 14, criminal responsibility, papers, sex [November 12 2008, 16:41 PM]
- Marihuana is Common in the Czech Republic [November 7 2008, 08:39 AM]
- Anti-hooligan law proposal in Czech Republic [November 4 2008, 15:46 PM]
- Spitted-out chews have cost 200.000 czk already [August 4 2008, 09:33 AM]
- Alleged police Murderer goes to court for killing American [July 31 2008, 11:24 AM]
- The new no-public-drinking law can be eluded [July 18 2008, 13:24 PM]
- Public Drinking in Prague Banned at some Places [July 7 2008, 15:55 PM]
- The police really checks if the new law is adhered [July 3 2008, 09:16 AM]
- Fines for chewing gums and pigeons feeding in Prague [July 2 2008, 09:50 AM]
- New Laws in Prague - No Chewing gum spitting! [July 1 2008, 13:18 PM]
- To spit out a chewing gum in Prague is now illegal [June 12 2008, 17:47 PM]
- Personal License Plate soon available in CR [June 11 2008, 09:49 AM]
- Parking Zones in Prague [May 28 2008, 09:55 AM]
- Vaclav Klaus loses a trial [May 26 2008, 16:03 PM]
- Czech Anti-smoking Law – new chapters [May 23 2008, 15:43 PM]
- Case of Prague Traffic Lights: Art Prize Abroad, Penalty in CR [May 22 2008, 13:49 PM]
- Czech Anti-smoking law too strong, proposals of softening [May 21 2008, 09:50 AM]
- Judges against parental physical punishments ban [May 13 2008, 17:49 PM]