... that the world famous Astronomical Clock was stopped. It was yesterday afternoon, between 2 and 3 PM.
Fortunately it was not a big problem. The heat 30°C / 88°F caused that wheels in this medieval mechanism stretched and wheels stopped. So the visitors didn’t saw a traditional every-hour march of the Saints.
The technician who keeps the clock had to readjust the mechanism, so the clock operates normally now. Next resetting will be perhaps in the autumn.
There I bring weather forecast report
Theme: High temperatures
- Prague awaits tropical temperatures and high level of UV radiation [July 13 2007, 16:58 PM]
- President Klaus denies global warming [May 4 2007, 12:00 PM]
- Temperature record in Prague [January 2 2007, 15:55 PM]
- Warm weather breakes records [November 16 2006, 11:55 AM]
- Prague's beaches [July 27 2006, 10:16 AM]
- Prague temperature beats 141 years old record [July 20 2006, 10:16 AM]
- Two people died in Prague beacuse of heat [June 21 2006, 11:09 AM]
- Medics are saving tens of people because of a heat [June 19 2006, 18:21 PM]
- Still hot Prague [June 16 2006, 14:39 PM]
- In Prague is a such heat... [June 16 2006, 11:48 AM]