Prague has many fountains, but only some of them are for drinking. Many of them are only for aestethic purposes. Drinking fountains or posts can be recognised easily I hope. Historical, large and fountains with bad access to water aren’t probably for drinking.
Their water is adjust by copper vitrion as a protection against rotting of water. The water is not dangerous, but it is prohibited to drink the water or bath either.
Number of water fountains is sad to say small and they are heavily used. For example a post in Na Prikopech street spent 2123 cubic meters of water last season.
Even the some drinking posts seems to be without water, they have a push button or a photocell.
Theme: On The Streets of Prague
- Czech Communists gathered to protest against Radar [February 2 2009, 15:57 PM]
- Peace Oasis at Prague Islands at construction [January 26 2009, 17:18 PM]
- Viselec returned to Prague [January 22 2009, 15:33 PM]
- Illuminated Sculptures in the Streets of Prague [January 8 2009, 13:55 PM]
- Some gambling houses to disappear from Prague [January 5 2009, 11:41 AM]
- The Royal Route in Prague renowned [November 28 2008, 15:12 PM]
- Copa Centre on Narodni Trida – Offices, Flats, Shopping.... [November 12 2008, 12:45 PM]
- Narodi Trida in Prague closes in summer 2009 [November 11 2008, 16:33 PM]
- Neo-nazis wanted to march through Prague, weren't allowed [November 11 2008, 12:51 PM]
- Kocka's burial: 3 pairs of horses [October 22 2008, 10:23 AM]
- Bronze paving stones – little Jew monuments in Prague [October 9 2008, 09:39 AM]
- Zizkov Tower Upgrade This Monday [October 3 2008, 11:41 AM]
- Narodni Trida Station is going to be Closed [September 23 2008, 09:39 AM]
- Video: Tourist trip to Prague – fun, happy [September 12 2008, 12:50 PM]
- Destination Unknown Prague, Czech Republic [August 15 2008, 17:54 PM]
- Art Phone = Phone boots with an attitude [July 24 2008, 09:35 AM]
- Prague charity project - buy a brick, help to build [July 9 2008, 08:35 AM]
- In the end the Sausages from Wenceslas square have to go [July 3 2008, 15:22 PM]
- Prague Bans Public Drinking ... Soon ... ? [June 12 2008, 09:46 AM]
- Olympic Day Run in Prague [June 10 2008, 17:31 PM]
- Czechs cheering – Football team beaten Switzerland [June 9 2008, 11:45 AM]
- The famous Zizkov Tower will get an upgrade [June 6 2008, 14:16 PM]
- Caricatures of Prophet Mohamed appeared in Prague [May 30 2008, 09:21 AM]
- Five Thousand Contestants Participe Prague Marathon [May 12 2008, 09:48 AM]
- 1st May and Neo-nazi gathering [May 5 2008, 12:02 PM]