National museum in Prague is in desolate state and today it museum shown. A piece of sculpture decoration fell right in front of entrance into the building. This act is a great example of museum problems. Luckily no one was harmed.
The museum will be closed until Thursday afternoon at least. National museum need general repair for a years. This terrible status is caused by a past and a present. Nazi used a museum as a target in lat days of World War II as well as Soviets in year 1968. Today the museum is in pliers of two parts of Prague artery and continual vibrations with a smog is certain building killer.
Expected repair cost is 4,5 billions CZK and museum hasn’t got this money of course. A museum administration present this horrible condition in exposition showing fallen part of museum. It is undignified behaviour to one of our most important national monuments. It is expected that National Assembly building where Radio Free Europe yet will be for some moths become a property of National museum.
- Johannes Kepler museum to open in Prague [January 26 2009, 09:23 AM]
- Czech National Technical Museum Reconstruction [October 2 2008, 17:26 PM]
- Growing Interest in Industrial Sights – Prague builds modern Industrial Museums [August 5 2008, 15:57 PM]
- The National Museum closes many departments during summer [July 24 2007, 10:06 AM]
- Don't miss museums in Prague for free [May 21 2007, 10:05 AM]
- Langweil's model of Prague on display again [April 12 2007, 16:19 PM]
- Twelve museums in Prague with one card [March 26 2007, 14:36 PM]
- Langweil model of Prague will be displayed again [March 23 2007, 16:43 PM]
- Main building of the National Museum temporarily closed [March 15 2007, 09:58 AM]
- Langweil model of Prague will be digitized [February 7 2007, 13:42 PM]
- Reconstruction of the National Museum [December 14 2006, 13:38 PM]
- Museum complex on Wenceslas Square [November 15 2006, 11:22 AM]
- National technical museum will be closed for year and a half [September 6 2006, 16:34 PM]
- A dinosaur might be coming to Prague [July 28 2006, 11:05 AM]
- National museum falls [July 12 2006, 21:35 PM]