Problems with overpriced Prague taxi are decreasing, but you can still met some cheater. Travellers should know that Prague has maximum costs of taxi service and each taxi driver has to give a ticket to passenger after ride. Now taxi drivers and companies will have more duties.
Most important is that maximum costs will be higher for a little.
Lump sum will be 40 crowns, one kilometer costs 28 crowns and a one minute of waiting will be 6 crowns. The changes starts with year 2007. Now the costs are 34 crowns of fixed rate, 25 crowns for a kilometer and 5 crowns costs one minute of waiting.
No taxi driver in Prague can want more.
Next change is that Prague will allow to drivers to wait at city taxi posts only if cars would accept Prague’s requirements. Cars will have to be at least in lower class no older than eight years. They will have to have yellow color and air condition. This order starts in year 2009.
Here is a list of some Prague taxi services.
Theme: Prague Taxi Services
- Prague Municipal Council Lost to Taxi Again [November 22 2007, 08:54 AM]
- Fair taxi in Prague from 'Fair Place' taxi stands [August 1 2007, 09:59 AM]
- Taxi from Prague's Old Town Square for 28 CZK now [April 20 2007, 10:10 AM]
- Prague's taxi drivers file a lawsuit [February 14 2007, 11:16 AM]
- Prague's taxi drivers protest [January 18 2007, 11:06 AM]
- How to avoid being rubbed by taxi drivers in Prague? [January 16 2007, 13:00 PM]
- Fight against the overcharged taxi services [December 19 2006, 12:16 PM]
- Changes in taxi services in Prague [December 12 2006, 14:15 PM]
- Prague taxi is one of most expensive in Europe [August 23 2006, 12:18 PM]
- Prague taxi will be more expensive [July 19 2006, 13:47 PM]