Tropical weather, which has settled in Prague, acts as an irresistible invitation to spending one’s free time in or at least near water. One of the places where these cravings can be satiated is Prague’s beach along the embankment of Vltava river in the fifth Prague district. It is needless to say that beach definitely does not suffer from a lack of interest. Nevertheless, problems about its building permission have surfaced recently.
Next year should bring a pleasant alternation in a sense that the first town district also wants to have its own sandy beach. Its location should be the riverside Na Frantisku which can be found between Cechuv and Stefanikuv bridges. Sadly, you have to wait for this new bit of paradise till the next summer because the waterfront is still under reconstruction planned to terminate in September.
Theme: High temperatures
- Prague awaits tropical temperatures and high level of UV radiation [July 13 2007, 16:58 PM]
- President Klaus denies global warming [May 4 2007, 12:00 PM]
- Temperature record in Prague [January 2 2007, 15:55 PM]
- Warm weather breakes records [November 16 2006, 11:55 AM]
- Prague's beaches [July 27 2006, 10:16 AM]
- Prague temperature beats 141 years old record [July 20 2006, 10:16 AM]
- Two people died in Prague beacuse of heat [June 21 2006, 11:09 AM]
- Medics are saving tens of people because of a heat [June 19 2006, 18:21 PM]
- Still hot Prague [June 16 2006, 14:39 PM]
- In Prague is a such heat... [June 16 2006, 11:48 AM]