Interest. Disturbance. Fear. Disbelief. Sadness. All of these terms have a common denominator – “Stories”. Until 5th August can you
experience all of these emotions if you visit Jan Šibík’s exhibition. Just pop in when you are in visiting one of the most famous places of Prague – the Old Town Hall in the Old Town Square.
In my view, it is worth seeing for many reasons. Firstly, pay attention who you are buying your ticket from – the famous photographer himself! This allows the visitors to ask questions relating to his work. What an opportunity given his career during which he viewed more than 200 times the most disturbing and decisive moments all over the world through the lens of his camera.
Jan Šibík’s photos won deservedly many awards such as his third place at World Press Photo – “Oscar” in the world of photography and dozens of Czech Press Photo awards. Stories is not only an exhibition but also third of Šibík’s books and both, as the name suggests, “tell” the visitors and viewers various stories from the last five years such as about the Liberian child soldiers, the hidden world of North Korea, violent Iraq, the consequences of the hurricane Katirna or the deadly tsunami that hit Sri Lanka.
To conclude this review, I would like to quote a tourist from London who left in the visitors’ book message containing words such as “amazing” and he also expressed his gladness he “found this exhibition”.
- Prague Wenceslas Square exhibition [October 13 2008, 15:49 PM]
- Unique Documentary of August 68 Russian Invasion to Prague [August 15 2008, 15:52 PM]
- Czech Pes Foto – Dog Photography with an attitude [July 30 2008, 11:38 AM]
- Exhibition of Various Faces of the Metropolis [July 25 2008, 08:31 AM]
- ALIVE Animal photos Exhibition in the centre of Prague [June 13 2008, 15:51 PM]
- Prague of Many Faces – Photographs exhibition at Prague Castle [May 15 2008, 15:34 PM]
- Gregory Crewdson photo exhibition [March 11 2008, 15:56 PM]
- Half a century of the Prague Castle photography exhibition [November 16 2007, 18:24 PM]
- Jindrich Streit Black and White photography exhibition Prague [November 15 2007, 09:02 AM]
- Czech Press Photo awards 2007 [October 18 2007, 12:00 PM]
- Explosive Roman Signer and his Travel Pictures in Prague [September 20 2007, 16:00 PM]
- World Press Photo 2006 in Karolinum [September 14 2007, 16:02 PM]
- Prague hosts World Press Photo 2007 [September 13 2007, 14:38 PM]
- Kolbaba's exhibition at Prague Airport prolonged [August 31 2007, 15:06 PM]
- Prague Castle in Photographs 1939 - 1989 [August 23 2007, 09:22 AM]
- Gallery in the train comes to an end [August 16 2007, 14:51 PM]
- Look animals in the eyes - exhibition in Prague [August 15 2007, 09:55 AM]
- 'The Roof of Africa' in Prague's New Town Hall [August 13 2007, 11:39 AM]
- Large photographs of gardens of the world in Prague [August 8 2007, 14:41 PM]
- The Magic of Eastern Africa in Prague [July 31 2007, 13:10 PM]
- Sport Photo 2007 in Prague [July 24 2007, 16:46 PM]
- Exhibition of photographs in the Old Town Bridge Tower in Prague [July 17 2007, 15:33 PM]
- Drawn By Light exhibition in Vysehrad Gallery in Prague [July 11 2007, 13:05 PM]
- Maximum Photography in the gardens of Prague Castle [June 26 2007, 15:09 PM]
- Photographs with a flavour of faraway countries [June 20 2007, 09:46 AM]