The first revived Troja fair is to take place on this Sunday – 13th August. The location of the feast is the vineyard and the external display of the botanical garden. The festive day will have a very rich programme, which is certain to be interesting as well as entertaining for the whole families.
The visitors can look forward to listening to or even dancing to music of bands Trehusk and Miniband. There will also be performances of dance group Ambrosia – concretely their dance from the medieval tavern and a fire show. Other things the organisers prepared include many competitions such as raffle. A return to the medieval times will be provided by the historical fencing, falconers and there should also be an opportunity to try shooting with cross- and long-bows. Medieval refreshments as well as a historical market will not be missing either.
The programme starts at eleven o’clock in the morning and lasts till ten o’clock in the evening. The entrance fee is forty crowns for the adults and half of that is the reduced price. The garden can be comfortably reached by bus 112 from metro station Nadrdazi Holesovice.
Theme: Czech traditions
- The oldest tram in Prague is one hundred years old [February 29 2008, 10:08 AM]
- Letters for Baby Jesus in Czech Republic [December 19 2007, 18:10 PM]
- Christmas Markets in Prague Begins [November 29 2007, 11:55 AM]
- Testing the Sirens [October 3 2007, 15:59 PM]
- May 1st – an unordinary day in Prague [May 1 2007, 09:37 AM]
- The Burning of the Witches in Prague [April 30 2007, 11:26 AM]
- Brevnov fair starts [October 6 2006, 13:57 PM]
- International Folklore Fair 2006 [August 29 2006, 14:14 PM]
- Traditional Troja Fair in the botanical garden [August 9 2006, 13:11 PM]
- New attraction at the Prague Castle [July 28 2006, 10:15 AM]
- Sokols are in Prague [July 5 2006, 08:47 AM]
- Great brass band festival in Sazka Arena [June 22 2006, 15:45 PM]
- A tramp Prague-Prcice has 18.000 walkers [May 22 2006, 14:04 PM]
- Folk dancers at Old Town Square [May 12 2006, 20:33 PM]
- "Burn her, she's a witch!" [April 28 2006, 13:00 PM]
- Easter traditons from view of female foreigner [April 18 2006, 18:31 PM]
- Happy Easter! [April 14 2006, 14:20 PM]
- Biggest Sokol physical training in Prague [April 7 2006, 11:03 AM]