The system of parking zones is spreading in Prague. Green and yellow zones are for travellers from outside of Prague in cost from 15 to 40 crowns as well as underground garages. Blue lines are for resident population, who has one-year ticket in cost of 700 crowns. Now City hall started to defend these places against reckless drivers without permission.
Prague has started with a tow of cars in Platnerska street yesterday as a demonstration of their plan. Four tow tracks were used and if necessary than can be all thirty four tow cars in streets. They can tow up to 300 cars a day. Raising number of tow tracks in street starts next week. Prague wants to return rights of paying residents back. Towing in cases of bad parking is possible from July when new road law came into effect.
The owner has to pay 1450 crowns for the tow plus a fine. Every day cost 200 crowns at a tow parking place. When an owner would get to his car in time of towing he would pay 850 crowns plus a fine.
It was counted over 15 000 violations in two months, 1600 cars were towed. Now about forty per cents of cars stand at blue lines without permission.
- Prague Transport Company Changes in 09 – less of everything [January 27 2009, 09:55 AM]
- Prague Parking Zones Changes in 2009 [January 23 2009, 13:53 PM]
- Underground Prague Highway should save the Wenceslas Square [January 21 2009, 13:49 PM]
- Congress Centre: Traffic During Chairmanship [January 15 2009, 13:18 PM]
- Gas cheaper, Taxi not in Prague [January 9 2009, 11:42 AM]
- Pay for Prague Parking by Mobile Phone [January 5 2009, 17:32 PM]
- Prague Public Transport, Sundays 2009: less lines [December 22 2008, 08:49 AM]
- Christmas parking in Prague for Free [December 17 2008, 09:54 AM]
- CSA Flights no longer with Free Food [December 12 2008, 07:48 AM]
- Future Toll in Prague: Proposal of 120 czk [November 20 2008, 09:46 AM]
- Czech Greens made trucks stop on Friday evenings. [November 13 2008, 15:26 PM]
- Czech Police has new cars, 2009 style management of traffic accidents [November 3 2008, 14:39 PM]
- The tunnel under Vysehrad is out of order [November 3 2008, 10:46 AM]
- When do I need Winter Tires in the Czech Republic? [October 31 2008, 14:33 PM]
- The station Narodni trida in Prague will be only closed for 8 months [October 31 2008, 08:44 AM]
- The tunnel under Vysehrad is going to be closed. [October 31 2008, 07:06 AM]
- Engineering sites under Prague sight-seeing [October 16 2008, 11:23 AM]
- Borders of Prague to have more green [October 15 2008, 09:55 AM]
- Road-toll in the centre of Prague will be 50-100 czk [October 14 2008, 14:03 PM]
- CSA strengthening lines to Germany [October 9 2008, 11:29 AM]
- Afterpiece of Prague Taxi Demonstration [October 8 2008, 11:48 AM]
- The USA to abolish Visas for Czechs? [October 7 2008, 09:47 AM]
- Road-toll in Prague silently coming nearer [October 6 2008, 13:38 PM]
- Prague Taxi Drivers Demonstrate at Airport [October 1 2008, 08:58 AM]
- New Prague Tourist Map: Sightseeing routes by Tramway [September 23 2008, 15:55 PM]