National memorial at Vitkov Hill is vibrant of life in these days. This is something like goodbye before a time of a sleep – the memorial will be under reconstruction for three years.
Vitkov Memorial is known for the largest equestrian statue in the world. It was a memorial of legionaries and it was a mausoleum for communistic president Klement Gottwald during some years of a totality.
After reconstruction in 2009, there will be modern museum about Czech history of 20th century. The museum should have multimedia expositions and presentations. First exposition will be Masaryk’s Republic 1918-1928. Tomas Garrigue Masaryk is the founder and first president of Czechoslovakia. Money for reconstruction comes from State budget.
Last days in Vitkov Memorial belong to a theater cycle Nights in Mausoleum. This event was very popular on May and therefore it returns.
- Scuba divers found pieces of a bridge which was before the Charles Bridge in Prague [February 5 2009, 15:49 PM]
- Prague not penalizing itself for Charles Bridge reconstruction [January 26 2009, 15:33 PM]
- The Charles Bridge Reconstruction Dispute probably ends in a draw [November 12 2008, 08:25 AM]
- Charles Bridge reconstruction - bungled or not? [November 6 2008, 14:22 PM]
- Problems of Charles Bridge reconstruction [November 5 2008, 09:07 AM]
- Old Town Square: Enthusiasts want Historical Pillar to return, have 3 pieces of replica already made [November 4 2008, 10:36 AM]
- Charles Bridge myth is soon going to be Busted ... or proven True. [September 19 2008, 16:43 PM]
- Mayors have delivered a petition against closing of Masarykovo Nadrazi [September 3 2008, 17:58 PM]
- List of Most Wanted of Tourist Prague [September 1 2008, 13:46 PM]
- Charles Bridge was harmed by salt, water and thoughtless repair [August 14 2008, 13:31 PM]
- Masarykovo nadrazi – 19th century railway station in Prague planned changes [August 6 2008, 16:01 PM]
- Charles Bridge Reconstruction [July 15 2008, 09:49 AM]
- Prague doesn't, but Melnik wants the gift from Sarkozy [June 20 2008, 11:55 AM]
- Czechs Refused Palach Statue [June 13 2008, 11:46 AM]
- Will The Old Town City Hall ever be Completed? [May 7 2008, 18:01 PM]
- Radecky's Statue to come back to Little Quarter? [April 18 2008, 11:48 AM]
- Charles Bridge damaged more than expected [March 17 2008, 09:31 AM]
- Digitalized model of Prague soon ready [February 19 2008, 09:04 AM]
- Spring Weather got Charles Bridge reconstruction back on track [February 8 2008, 15:31 PM]
- Tyn church, vista point of Old Prague, gets New Bell [December 10 2007, 17:50 PM]
- Statues came back on the Astronomical Clock [December 7 2007, 12:05 PM]
- A Vandal at Prague Astronomical Clock [December 6 2007, 14:15 PM]
- Freezing weather ended Charles Bridge repairs [November 30 2007, 17:53 PM]
- Archaeologists finished exploration of Charles Bridge [November 19 2007, 14:01 PM]
- Martinic Palace in Prague opens to the public [September 7 2007, 14:41 PM]