Brevnovske posviceni is a name for the traditional fair that takes place in front of the Brevnov Monastery (Brevnovsky klaster) in Marketska street, Prague 6.
From today visitors can enjoy their time on the fair-ground, by watching jugglers and entertainers, by listening to the live music, tasting good drinks and meals or by buying souvenirs on the market. Splendid fireworks are on the programme at 19:05 every day.
This year is a bit special. An attempt to break a world record will be made – to bake the largest Brevnov pie. Also the most beautiful young girls in Europe – the finalists of Miss Europe-Junior – will join the feast at 14:00 on Saturday.
The Brevnov fair closes at 22:00 every day and it is held until Sunday 8th October. Together with the fair, the Brevnov Monastery is open to the public.
Theme: Czech traditions
- The oldest tram in Prague is one hundred years old [February 29 2008, 10:08 AM]
- Letters for Baby Jesus in Czech Republic [December 19 2007, 18:10 PM]
- Christmas Markets in Prague Begins [November 29 2007, 11:55 AM]
- Testing the Sirens [October 3 2007, 15:59 PM]
- May 1st – an unordinary day in Prague [May 1 2007, 09:37 AM]
- The Burning of the Witches in Prague [April 30 2007, 11:26 AM]
- Brevnov fair starts [October 6 2006, 13:57 PM]
- International Folklore Fair 2006 [August 29 2006, 14:14 PM]
- Traditional Troja Fair in the botanical garden [August 9 2006, 13:11 PM]
- New attraction at the Prague Castle [July 28 2006, 10:15 AM]
- Sokols are in Prague [July 5 2006, 08:47 AM]
- Great brass band festival in Sazka Arena [June 22 2006, 15:45 PM]
- A tramp Prague-Prcice has 18.000 walkers [May 22 2006, 14:04 PM]
- Folk dancers at Old Town Square [May 12 2006, 20:33 PM]
- "Burn her, she's a witch!" [April 28 2006, 13:00 PM]
- Easter traditons from view of female foreigner [April 18 2006, 18:31 PM]
- Happy Easter! [April 14 2006, 14:20 PM]
- Biggest Sokol physical training in Prague [April 7 2006, 11:03 AM]