Due to terrorist threats in Prague high security measures enlarged the number of policeman in the city and intensified the protection of historical buildings or important places in Prague. It happened on 23 September this year after warning that the terrorist might attack significant places in Prague, especially the Jewish ones.
After almost a month the Security Council announced today that the threats of terrorist attacks in Prague are not so big any more. “It does not seem that there are immediate terrorist threats in Prague now,” said the prime minister Mirek Topolanek. The police is reducing the number of police man in the city and the safety measures are not so severe any more.
Necessary security precautions will continue but their intensity will be based on the up-to-date evaluation of the security situation in Prague.
- Prague Airport Testing Unique Liquid Detector [November 22 2007, 13:04 PM]
- The Czech Republic is not aware of any terrorist threat [July 3 2007, 10:03 AM]
- Anonymous letter: church schools in Prague will explode [May 17 2007, 12:41 PM]
- Czech intelligency warn against terrorism [October 25 2006, 13:12 PM]
- Reduced risk of terrorist attacks in Prague [October 17 2006, 14:01 PM]
- New information about terrorist threats [October 6 2006, 10:34 AM]
- Number of anonymous bomb menace has been raised [September 25 2006, 12:11 PM]
- Terrorist threat in Prague [September 25 2006, 11:20 AM]