Tomorrow on 28th October Czech people commemorate the foundation of Czechoslovakia in 1918. Let us summarize the special events planned for that day.
The programme starts early at Prague’s National Monument Vitkov where President of the Czech Republic Vaclav Klaus together with the Lord Mayer Pavel Bem start a wreath-laying ceremony which is followed by various attractions during the whole day.
The ceremonial oath of the new professional soldiers of Czech Republic Army takes place on Hrandcanske namesti at 10:00 in the presence of President Vaclav Klaus.
28th October is also connected with Prague Municipal House. Tomorrow visitors can explore the exquisite halls of this secession building by sounds of fanfare as well as see a short document about Frantisek Skroup, one of the authors of Czech national anthem. The visitors can also see there the exhibition of German photographer Grete Popper.
People can also visit the interiors of other Czech institution – the seat of the Government, Parliament and Senate of the Czech Republic.
- Jan Palach statue finally placed in the Czech Republic [January 20 2009, 15:12 PM]
- This Thursday is the USSR Occupation Anniversary [August 19 2008, 11:44 AM]
- Terezin Memorial Meeting influenced by 'Bronze Names Theft' [May 19 2008, 13:39 PM]
- Charles University 660 Years Anniversary [April 8 2008, 17:49 PM]
- Tropison Club celebrates four years [September 11 2007, 16:39 PM]
- 110 years of the Prague Public Transport Company [September 10 2007, 13:06 PM]
- Celebrations of Indian independence in Prague [August 13 2007, 08:56 AM]
- Roger Sanchez in Prague's club Mecca [August 3 2007, 16:47 PM]
- Celebrations of Charles Bridge already this weekend [July 3 2007, 11:48 AM]
- Charles Bridge celebrations start on 6th July 2007 [May 15 2007, 10:01 AM]
- Prague City Police will celebrate in the centre of Prague [May 10 2007, 16:02 PM]
- The Liberation Day in the Czech Republic [May 9 2007, 11:31 AM]
- American jeeps parked in Prague's Kampa [May 3 2007, 12:43 PM]
- Prague-Brevnov celebrates the 100th anniversary [April 25 2007, 11:38 AM]
- Czech scouts prepare big celebrations for this Saturday [April 19 2007, 11:31 AM]
- Velvet Revolution anniversary celebration [November 20 2006, 11:31 AM]
- 17th November - the national holiday in the CR [November 17 2006, 05:30 AM]
- Events on 28th October [October 27 2006, 13:18 PM]
- Celebrations on 28th October [October 19 2006, 18:05 PM]
- Vaclav Havel is 70 tomorrow [October 4 2006, 10:32 AM]
- 100 years of horceracing in Velka Chuchle [September 29 2006, 12:02 PM]
- Czech National Bank will host the aristocracy [July 26 2006, 14:41 PM]
- A new component part into numismatists' collections [July 24 2006, 11:39 AM]
- Havlickovy sady has 100 years [May 16 2006, 13:03 PM]
- Sigmund Freud exhibition [May 15 2006, 17:02 PM]