President Vaclav Klaus announced that the second chance for creating the new government will be given again to the prime minister Mirek Topolanek, the leader of Civic Democrats, but only if Topolonek accepts.
The president suddenly cancelled a meeting of the five leaders of political parties that had been planned for today. President Klaus said that the negotiations with the leaders about possible solutions have no results.
Whether Topolanek accepts the position will be known today after the meeting of Civic Democrats. The leader of Social Democrats Jiri Paroubek still hopes that he will have his chance to create the government with the support of Communist Party, which is not very supported by other parties nor the President.
Theme: New government
- The reform bill was approved [August 22 2007, 11:41 AM]
- The new government won approval [January 22 2007, 11:11 AM]
- New government asks for a confidence II [January 19 2007, 15:03 PM]
- New government from tomorrow [January 8 2007, 14:08 PM]
- Results of the Civic Democrats Congress [November 20 2006, 12:33 PM]
- Prime minister for the second time [November 9 2006, 13:45 PM]
- Second chance for Topolanek [November 7 2006, 10:54 AM]
- New government has no confidence [October 4 2006, 09:50 AM]
- New Czech government asks for a confidence [September 27 2006, 14:16 PM]
- Czech Republic has the new Government [September 4 2006, 16:31 PM]
- Czech Republic has two prime ministers now [August 17 2006, 11:16 AM]
- First steps of upcoming Government [June 26 2006, 18:34 PM]