According to the Human Development Index 2006, the Czech Republic is on the 30th position out of 177 states of the world (complete list of states). This index measures comparatively life expectancy, literacy, education, and standards of living for countries worldwide. That means that also the average salary is considered.
The average salary in the Czech Republic rose 6,1% this year to 19 968 CZK. However, high salaries of top managers and IT experts are also included. Only one third of Czech people reach the average salary. The worst situation is in regions around Karlovy Vary, Hradec Kralove and Ceske Budejovice where the average salary is reached only by 23% of workers.
The best situation is in Prague. The average or higher salary is given to 57% of workers. The average salary in Prague region is around 25 000.
For comparison, Slovakian average salary is 14 419 CZK, Hungarian 18 056 and Polish 17 896 CZK. On the other hand, Austrian average salary is 76 351 CZK.
- Tourism of the first quarter of the year – quite good, actually [May 21 2008, 14:52 PM]
- Prague Shopping Malls Retrospective [April 25 2008, 08:10 AM]
- Survey: The Czech Republic is among full democratic states [September 5 2007, 16:36 PM]
- Most Czech people like their job [September 4 2007, 13:16 PM]
- Prague attracts IT companies [September 3 2007, 13:48 PM]
- Czech roads are the sixth dangerous in Europe [July 31 2007, 11:48 AM]
- Prague is a good place to find a job [July 27 2007, 14:21 PM]
- How honest are Prague people? [July 25 2007, 15:59 PM]
- The standard of living in the Czech Republic grows [June 29 2007, 11:28 AM]
- The Czech Republic has more than 10.3 million inhabitants [June 21 2007, 14:00 PM]
- Prague is more expensive than Miami [June 19 2007, 16:10 PM]
- The Czech Republic is a peaceful country [June 1 2007, 13:03 PM]
- Popular babies' names in Prague [May 2 2007, 14:38 PM]
- Czech people like Tony Blair and the Slovaks [April 25 2007, 17:45 PM]
- Czech men are the second fattest in Europe [April 23 2007, 12:36 PM]
- The most expensive offices are in the centre of Prague [April 5 2007, 17:16 PM]
- Prague is the third best place to live in the Czech Republic [March 21 2007, 15:03 PM]
- Czech most popular names are Tereza and Jan [March 15 2007, 16:32 PM]
- Are Czech people religious? [March 8 2007, 16:12 PM]
- Prague is the most expensive city in Central Europe [March 7 2007, 11:34 AM]
- Czech people are not extremely happy [February 27 2007, 12:46 PM]
- The difference between Czech salaries rises [February 26 2007, 15:56 PM]
- Prague among the richest regions in the EU [February 20 2007, 11:36 AM]
- Most tourists come from Germany [February 15 2007, 12:58 PM]
- 2007 Index of Economic Freedom [February 13 2007, 12:59 PM]