More than three weeks before Christmas you can already sense Christmas atmosphere in Prague. We bring you today a list of events concerning Christmas in Prague.
Tomorrow the Lord Mayer Pavel Bem will light up the 65 years old Christmas tree in Old Town Square. 80 000 small lights, 700 flashing lights and 50 silver snowflakes has been used to decorate the tree. Christmas trees are also lit in Ortenovo namesti, Andel or Strossmayerovo namesti. Also Prague Castle will have a Christmas tree. It will be lit by the First Lady Livia Klausova in Jirske namesti on 3rd December in 16:30. At the same time she will launch Christmas charity collection for children from children’s homes.
Traditional Christmas markets are in Old Town Square and Wenceslas Square. The organizers of Old Town Square Christmas markets announced that a special souvenir can be bought there, a cup with the motive of Prague’s Christmas markets. Other Christmas markets are in namesti Miru, namesti Republiky and Avion Park in Prague-Zlicin.
Besides the markets you can visit many actions taking place in Prague. You have a change to skate on ice in Ovocny trh in the centre of Prague. 21th December is a Day of Records – you see a woman with the longest hair or a giant kettle in Old Town Sguare. From 10th to 20th December you will find a big tent in Vitezne namesti with a phone box inside connected to Jezisek (or Santa Claus?). The most visited actions every year are Ryba’s Christmas Mass on Christmas Eve and the evening programme on New Year’s Eve.
Theme: Christmas in Prague
- Christmas Markets in Prague Initiated [December 1 2008, 11:45 AM]
- Christmas Tree in Prague Next week [November 18 2008, 15:32 PM]
- Living Nativity Scene at the Prague Castle [December 27 2006, 18:00 PM]
- Prague - a popular Christmas destination [December 27 2006, 13:43 PM]
- Open clubs during Christmas [December 22 2006, 14:16 PM]
- What to do in Prague during winter holidays [December 22 2006, 11:16 AM]
- Bethlehem light in Prague [December 21 2006, 10:30 AM]
- Christmas cribs in Liechtenstein Palace in Prague [December 18 2006, 15:27 PM]
- Christmas decorations and fireworks in Prague [December 18 2006, 11:23 AM]
- Christmas organ music [December 14 2006, 14:19 PM]
- Prague's lampman is back [December 8 2006, 10:17 AM]
- Children's choirs in Old Town Square in Prague [December 7 2006, 17:13 PM]
- Christmas markets at Prague Exhibition Ground [December 7 2006, 12:24 PM]
- Thousands of people wanted to see the Christmas tree [December 4 2006, 10:16 AM]
- Christmas Prague [December 1 2006, 14:20 PM]
- International Christmas Bazaar Prague 2006 [November 27 2006, 12:14 PM]
- Christmas cribs in Prague Castle [November 23 2006, 12:06 PM]
- Safer Christmas tree for the Old Town Square [November 22 2006, 13:28 PM]
- Christmas markets in namesti Miru started [November 21 2006, 10:40 AM]
- Christmas inspiration in Prague Botanic Garden [November 20 2006, 17:30 PM]
- New design of Christmas markets [November 6 2006, 10:48 AM]
- Christmas markets [October 24 2006, 10:33 AM]