The reconstruction of the National Museum into a modern complex suitable for exhibitions, lecture-rooms or restaurants will start soon. Also the exterior of the National theatre in Prague will be restored.
Special care will be given to one of the symbols of the National theatre – two statues of horses driven by the goddess of victory on the roof of the theatre. The experts say that the statues need to be fixed on the roof, because the transport down the roof would be too complicated.
The statues are 6 meters long and had to be supported by textile bands. On of the horses stands on his left leg, the right leg is breaking. Also the golden crown on the roof is in bad condition. The new facade is estimated to cost 160 million CZK.
- Johannes Kepler museum to open in Prague [January 26 2009, 09:23 AM]
- Czech National Technical Museum Reconstruction [October 2 2008, 17:26 PM]
- Growing Interest in Industrial Sights – Prague builds modern Industrial Museums [August 5 2008, 15:57 PM]
- The National Museum closes many departments during summer [July 24 2007, 10:06 AM]
- Don't miss museums in Prague for free [May 21 2007, 10:05 AM]
- Langweil's model of Prague on display again [April 12 2007, 16:19 PM]
- Twelve museums in Prague with one card [March 26 2007, 14:36 PM]
- Langweil model of Prague will be displayed again [March 23 2007, 16:43 PM]
- Main building of the National Museum temporarily closed [March 15 2007, 09:58 AM]
- Langweil model of Prague will be digitized [February 7 2007, 13:42 PM]
- Reconstruction of the National Museum [December 14 2006, 13:38 PM]
- Museum complex on Wenceslas Square [November 15 2006, 11:22 AM]
- National technical museum will be closed for year and a half [September 6 2006, 16:34 PM]
- A dinosaur might be coming to Prague [July 28 2006, 11:05 AM]
- National museum falls [July 12 2006, 21:35 PM]