Heavy snowfalls in Prague have surprised many drivers and caused already many accidents on the roads. People had problems to get to work or school. Snowdrifts have also closed the Prague’s international airport.
The airport announced that it will be closed at least until 6 p.m. Meteorologists now monitor the situation and expect even more intensive snowfalls.
Travellers can stay at the airport while waiting for later flights or they can return their tickets. Lufthansa opened their launches for their passengers. The situation at the airport is quite calm.
Some of the planes aiming to Prague were redirected to airports in Brno, Bratislava or Frankfurt. Many flights from Prague has been cancelled. Passengers are recommended to contact their air carriers. Up-to-date information about flights can be reached on the (free of charge) number 800 310 310 or from abroad +420 239 007 007.
- Prague Airport Privatization: Deputies Fighting over Influence [June 23 2008, 15:55 PM]
- The Prague Airport brings in Fast Track service [October 10 2007, 14:04 PM]
- New connection Prague-Dublin with Ryanair [August 16 2007, 11:49 AM]
- EasyJet to charge passengers for checked luggage [August 7 2007, 15:06 PM]
- Czech Airlines awarded [August 3 2007, 11:39 AM]
- Main runway in Ruzyne to be closed [August 1 2007, 11:39 AM]
- Overpriced restaurants at Prague airport [July 19 2007, 13:12 PM]
- Online check-in for 70% of Prague travellers [July 9 2007, 16:51 PM]
- Ryanair will fly to Prague soon [June 25 2007, 10:52 AM]
- Come to see backstage of the Ruzyne Airport in Prague [June 21 2007, 18:15 PM]
- New airport for Prague? [June 21 2007, 09:43 AM]
- American man with tuberculosis travelled from Prague [May 31 2007, 09:53 AM]
- Cheap flights to Prague from Kuala Lumpur [May 23 2007, 15:21 PM]
- New online flight schedule provided by Prague's airport [May 3 2007, 14:28 PM]
- Prague airport to close the main runway [April 13 2007, 15:27 PM]
- Prague airport Ruzyne wants to build the world's largest mosaic [April 4 2007, 11:48 AM]
- New air carrier flying from Barcelona to Prague [February 20 2007, 14:37 PM]
- Higher security measures at the airport were cancelled [February 19 2007, 13:38 PM]
- Lufthansa opens a new route Prague - Stuttgart [February 15 2007, 14:06 PM]
- Online check-in with EasyJet [February 8 2007, 11:49 AM]
- Prague's airport opened a hotel in duty-free zone [January 26 2007, 15:20 PM]
- Prague's international airport Ruzyne is closed due to snow [January 24 2007, 13:22 PM]
- Prague's airport Ruzyne is breaking records [January 23 2007, 12:43 PM]
- More flights to Basel with Swiss International Air Lines [January 22 2007, 12:44 PM]
- Double taxes on flights leaving Great Britain [January 10 2007, 14:04 PM]