It’s been 400 years since the first premiere of an opera in the world. Opera Europe organises special celebrations in many countries in Europe. The National Theatre in Prague joins the celebrations as well in a special way.
Today and the next two days Prague Theatre will offer Aida by Verdi, Don Giovanni by Mozart or Boris Godunov by Mussorgsky. This time not on the stage but on a large screen on the fourth floor of the functional building of the National Theatre. The shows are for free.
All those who want to hear famous melodies of their popular composers can enter a big heated tent next to the National Theatre. The music can be heard there from 9 a.m. till 6 p.m. The tent is big enough for 60 people and there is a free entrance.
Admires of operas can also visit an exhibition of opera costumes and walk through the historical and the functional buildings of Prague National Theatre.
Theme: Classical music
- Prague Spring 2009 Ticket Sale Starts Today! [December 12 2008, 15:26 PM]
- Tommy Emmanuel C.G.P. & The Eve Quartet Prague – Guitar across genres [November 20 2008, 15:44 PM]
- Vanessa Mae plays again for Prague [September 25 2008, 15:47 PM]
- Strings of Autumn Prague [September 12 2008, 11:31 AM]
- Summer celebration of old music - Alla Polacca [August 1 2008, 10:03 AM]
- Unique Classical Music Concert at Prague Castle [July 22 2008, 13:50 PM]
- Biedermeier Arts and Culture Exhibition now with concerts [July 17 2008, 09:55 AM]
- Opera Mozart at The Estates Theatre [July 9 2008, 15:45 PM]
- Classical Music at the Prague Castle [May 29 2008, 12:28 PM]
- Violin Star heading to Prague [March 13 2008, 13:44 PM]
- Czech Philharmonic Concert [February 29 2008, 13:28 PM]
- Smetana and Tchaikovsky in Prague [January 29 2008, 17:06 PM]
- Czech National Symphony Orchestra Concerts [September 27 2007, 09:58 AM]
- Classical music festival Young Prague has started [August 27 2007, 09:53 AM]
- Violinist Sporcl on tour with Dvorak´s music [August 24 2007, 15:59 PM]
- Musical plays in the Museum of Antonin Dvorak [August 9 2007, 13:02 PM]
- 12th International Organ Festival in Prague [August 8 2007, 11:35 AM]
- Prague Music Festival 2007 [August 1 2007, 16:44 PM]
- Svetlana Portnyansky in Prague's Spanish Synagogue [July 31 2007, 14:37 PM]
- Carmina Burana Open Air Opera in Prague [July 26 2007, 13:40 PM]
- Symphonic concerts at the III courtyard of Prague Castle [June 11 2007, 14:05 PM]
- Concerts of classical music in Prague this weekend [June 1 2007, 16:09 PM]
- Birthday of Czech cardinal: services and a free concert [May 18 2007, 12:40 PM]
- National Theatre in Prague celebrates 400 years of opera [February 16 2007, 12:46 PM]
- A Great Night of Spanish Music in Prague [February 13 2007, 15:46 PM]