One the most frequent tracks in Prague was blocked for nine hours last weekend by a derailed train. The train EuroCity 107 went to Poland and derailed between the Prague’s Main Station and Liben. Nobody was injured.
The accident was caused by a broken switch. The railway inspection now investigates whether the driver did not drive too fast as well. The locomotive of the train and two railway carriages left the track on Saturday before 10:30.
The accident happened on the main track that leads to Ostrava, Brno, Decin, Mlada Boleslav or Hradec Kralove. Other trains on that route were delayed or did not leave the stations.
- Prague Public Transport Trains Gaining popularity [February 4 2009, 11:42 AM]
- Unique Bohemian Train for the Rich [December 11 2008, 17:55 PM]
- Orient Express Now in Prague [October 10 2008, 13:33 PM]
- Czech Railways – Tickets in grocery shop [September 25 2008, 09:55 AM]
- The Prague main Train Station Hlavni Nadrazi may not be accessible [June 4 2008, 09:55 AM]
- Reconstruction of Prague Main railway station underway [December 3 2007, 09:42 AM]
- No smoking in Czech trains since December [August 29 2007, 16:04 PM]
- First class in Pendolino trains will be more expensive [July 30 2007, 13:42 PM]
- Masaryk railway station in Prague will be closed during summer [July 2 2007, 11:40 AM]
- New railway tunnels in Prague already in 2008 [June 21 2007, 12:10 PM]
- Czech Railways has changed the timetables [June 11 2007, 12:23 PM]
- Czech Railways introduce new types of reductions [June 7 2007, 12:48 PM]
- Orient Express arrives in Prague [April 19 2007, 14:07 PM]
- Derailed train blocked the railway transport [February 19 2007, 11:07 AM]
- Polish trains cannot enter the Czech Republic [January 5 2007, 11:16 AM]
- New time table of Czech Railways [November 23 2006, 11:35 AM]
- Faster through Prague by trains [October 2 2006, 10:33 AM]
- Trains will be faster than metro [September 19 2006, 08:26 AM]
- Main station repair will be late [September 7 2006, 12:21 PM]
- More train stops in Prague [July 11 2006, 14:16 PM]
- Prague Main station will be strongly changed [May 17 2006, 18:06 PM]