The unemployment in the Czech Republic is the lowest of the last 8 years at the present time. It decreased from 8 % to 6.1 %, which is a biggest decrease since the break-up of Czechoslovakia in 1993.
Generally, the unemployment in the Czech Republic is lower than the average of all the countries of the European Union. It has now decreased below the average of the old 15 members of EU.
About 100 thousand people in the Czech Republic have found a job during the last year, so the number of unemployed people has decreased to approximately 311 thousand.
The lowest unemployment is in Prague, only about 3.5 %.
Theme: Short news
- Digital Television Era in Czech Republic begins in Month [April 29 2008, 11:58 AM]
- Petr Cech in glare of popularity [April 23 2008, 15:55 PM]
- CSA to Fly from Prague to Brno 3x a Day [April 9 2008, 10:01 AM]
- Hooligans Spree worth 19t Euro [April 2 2008, 13:55 PM]
- Interesting Prague Fact: Do you want to buy really cheap car? [March 31 2008, 17:59 PM]
- Prague centre to start collecting toll again [March 28 2008, 13:39 PM]
- Prague Airport Prepares a Map of Its Expensive Restaurants [March 27 2008, 17:41 PM]
- Vlacil's classic on Vltava River [February 22 2008, 10:40 AM]
- Pilsner Urquell Dominates Czech Market [February 5 2008, 11:52 AM]
- The Biggest Czech Solar Power Plant Working [February 1 2008, 18:06 PM]
- Lenka Smidova qualified for Peking [January 30 2008, 15:54 PM]
- Case of Police Attack on Katerina Jacques in Prague continues [January 22 2008, 17:00 PM]
- CSA profits after three years of losses [November 8 2007, 10:56 AM]
- The access to the metro station Mustek - B will be closed [September 6 2007, 09:12 AM]
- Main Runway of Prague Ruzyne Airport is open again [August 29 2007, 14:03 PM]
- Richard Gere may visit Prague soon [August 13 2007, 15:20 PM]
- Drivers can expect traffic jams on D1 in Prague [June 28 2007, 13:30 PM]
- Brad Pitt is shooting in the streets of Prague [June 27 2007, 14:02 PM]
- Prague flag on the top of Mount Everest [May 18 2007, 13:59 PM]
- Walk the World - Fight Hunger also in Prague [May 14 2007, 11:31 AM]
- Low unemployment in the Czech Republic [May 4 2007, 13:55 PM]
- Rachel Weisz is reportedly in Prague [April 19 2007, 15:27 PM]
- Wind warning for this Sunday [March 16 2007, 16:43 PM]
- The inscription was damaged deliberately [February 9 2007, 13:01 PM]
- Some Czech phone boxes accept euros now [February 2 2007, 11:38 AM]