According to Czech president Vaclav Klaus, there is no danger of global warming caused by humans. He believes, that the theory of global warming is exaggerated and that it can threaten people´s freedom. Klaus expressed these controversial opinions several times, last time at the lecture, that he held at the University of Economics in Prague few days ago.
Vaclav Klaus alleged, that the temperatures are not going to rise dramatically. He supported his claim with various economic theories, predicting, that the pollution of environment will go down, when the society will become wealthier.
President Klaus suggested, that people should trust in the free market. He thinks, that the movement against the global warming is a bigger threat than the warming itself.
Vaclav Klaus has written a book on the theme and he also spoke about that at the Cato Institute in Washington. However, experts on climatology are convinced, that he is wrong. They think that scientific findings about the global warming should not be belittled.
Theme: High temperatures
- Prague awaits tropical temperatures and high level of UV radiation [July 13 2007, 16:58 PM]
- President Klaus denies global warming [May 4 2007, 12:00 PM]
- Temperature record in Prague [January 2 2007, 15:55 PM]
- Warm weather breakes records [November 16 2006, 11:55 AM]
- Prague's beaches [July 27 2006, 10:16 AM]
- Prague temperature beats 141 years old record [July 20 2006, 10:16 AM]
- Two people died in Prague beacuse of heat [June 21 2006, 11:09 AM]
- Medics are saving tens of people because of a heat [June 19 2006, 18:21 PM]
- Still hot Prague [June 16 2006, 14:39 PM]
- In Prague is a such heat... [June 16 2006, 11:48 AM]