If you are interested in Japanese culture, you can visit the Botanical Garden in Prague between 12th and 20th May 2007. There will be an exhibition of bonsai of important Czech and foreign growers. The exhibition will be accompanied by various program, introducing Japanese traditions and culture.
The exhibition is organized on the occasion of the 10th anniversary of the Japanese garden in the Prague Botanical Garden. You can also see stones suiseki there.
The accompanying program will include for example: a performance of the traditional Taiji exercising, Japanese music, arranging ikebana, preparing sushi and more.
The exhibition will take place in the Japanese garden, every day between 9 am and 7 pm. You can also buy a bonsai there. The Botanical Garden in Troja district is situated in Nadvorni Street 134, Prague 7. You can go to the metro station Nadrazi Holesovice, then by bus 112 to the stop “Zoologicka zahrada” or “Botanicka zahrada Troja”. Then just follow the signs, it will take 5 minutes on foot.
Theme: Botanical Garden
- Weather is nice... which Prague park is worth relaxing? [June 18 2008, 08:08 AM]
- Prague Baroque Jewel to Open for People [May 16 2008, 17:15 PM]
- Zimbambwian sculptor in action in Prague [August 23 2007, 14:41 PM]
- Fata Morgana greenhouse will be closed for 12 days [August 16 2007, 13:14 PM]
- Unique exhibition of lilies in Prague Botanical Garden [July 2 2007, 16:48 PM]
- Japanese bonsai in the Prague Botanical Garden [May 7 2007, 16:05 PM]
- Exhibition of exotic butterflies in Prague's Botanical Garden [April 3 2007, 13:56 PM]
- 'The wood of deserts' exhibition in Prague Botanical Garden [March 9 2007, 16:00 PM]
- Fata Morgana is closed this week [February 26 2007, 09:49 AM]
- Palm Days in Prague's Botanical Garden [January 23 2007, 14:50 PM]
- Exotic fruits and carnival costumes in Prague Botanical Garden [December 5 2006, 11:45 AM]
- Gingerbread Days exhibition [November 24 2006, 12:56 PM]