Prague will host an international conference on “Democracy and Security: Core Values and Sound Policies” attended by leading dissidents, human rights activists, academics and world leaders. Its aim is to discuss the importance of democracy and to find the ways how to promote it in totalitarian regimes.
The conference is an initiative of three people concentrating on human rights and democracy – human right activist and political leader Natan Sharansky, former president of the Czech Republic Vaclav Havel and former Prime Minister of Spain Jose Maria Aznar.
The conference, scheduled for 4th – 6th June 2007 in Prague, is hosted by the Adelson Institute for Strategic Studies at the Jerusalem-based Shalem Center, the Prague Security Studies Institute and the Foundation for Social Analysis and Studies in Madrid. One of the speakers at the conference will be the U.S. President George W. Bush.
- Klaus Denied Global Warming ... Again [February 2 2009, 11:26 AM]
- Czech European Chairmanship Logo [November 13 2008, 13:55 PM]
- Personalities of world culture and politics are in Prague [October 14 2008, 09:53 AM]
- STB Interrogation Presentation to the EU Chairmanship [September 25 2008, 13:30 PM]
- 'We will make it sweet for Europe' Video for Czech EU chairmanship [September 5 2008, 11:41 AM]
- Czech EU Chairmanship comes nearer [August 4 2008, 15:49 PM]
- Vaclav Havel Interview for Financial Times [July 7 2008, 11:49 AM]
- Ellen Tauscher comes to Prague [September 14 2007, 14:59 PM]
- Madeleine Albright in the Forum 2000 Conference in Prague [September 6 2007, 17:12 PM]
- International conference for democracy in Prague [May 15 2007, 14:21 PM]
- Dalai Lama in Prague [October 10 2006, 09:32 AM]
- Forum 2000 hosts Nobel Prize winners [October 9 2006, 09:47 AM]
- The fate of Solar system lays in Prague [August 15 2006, 10:59 AM]
- The XXVIth General Assembly of the International Astronomical Union in Prague [August 7 2006, 13:49 PM]
- Congress Centre for sale [July 26 2006, 13:57 PM]
- Prague is going to decide about the Solar System [July 24 2006, 13:29 PM]
- Mathematics in the Centre conference in Prague [July 17 2006, 17:22 PM]
- Prague as a place for congresses [July 12 2006, 17:16 PM]
- 2nd European Conference of Apidology [April 12 2006, 16:35 PM]
- Fifth Workshop on Treebanks (TLT 2006) [February 28 2006, 17:56 PM]
- XML 2006 Conference [January 12 2006, 12:44 PM]