Two trams (no. 18 and 3) crashed in Palackeho namesti in the centre of Prague today early in the morning. Several people were injured, one woman had to be taken to the hospital.
The accident was caused by a tram that went from Palackeho bridge to Charles Square (Karlovo namesti). The rear part of the tram derailed and crashed into another tram waiting at the stop. Then it fell on the pavement.
The tram transport had to be diverted via Myslikova street until 9:30. The cause of the accident is still not known yet, one of the possible causes could be that the driver drove too fast. The accident is being investigated now.
- The traffic returns under Vysehrad sooner [November 26 2008, 11:54 AM]
- Prague Public Transport (MHD) gets 40 billions CZK [September 25 2007, 14:01 PM]
- Advantages and disadvantage of trams with Porsche design [July 25 2007, 10:10 AM]
- Every sixth tram in Prague goes too fast [July 3 2007, 15:14 PM]
- Two trams crashed in the centre of Prague [June 5 2007, 14:16 PM]
- Prague will get more modern trams Porsche [April 24 2007, 12:39 PM]
- Historical trams in Prague again from this Saturday [March 27 2007, 09:59 AM]
- Every sixth passenger in Prague travels without a valid ticket [March 6 2007, 11:32 AM]
- New tram in Prague for disabled and mothers with children [February 2 2007, 14:58 PM]
- Good results of patrols in night trams [January 26 2007, 10:55 AM]
- Conductors in night trams from tomorrow [January 15 2007, 13:36 PM]
- Conductors on night trams in Prague [December 22 2006, 14:06 PM]
- Travelling at night will be safer [November 6 2006, 09:58 AM]
- Tram driver was riding drunk [September 12 2006, 15:48 PM]
- A new tram got off the rails [September 8 2006, 12:07 PM]
- Tram semaphore are obsolete [September 4 2006, 10:33 AM]
- Trams returned to Vodickova street [July 26 2006, 10:14 AM]
- Night trams will be more expensive [July 14 2006, 10:21 AM]
- 500 millions CZK for tram repairs this year [April 24 2006, 11:28 AM]
- New Porsche tram has interior problems [April 11 2006, 10:25 AM]
- Through Prague with new Porsche for less than 1 Euro [April 5 2006, 10:40 AM]