Warm weather with no rain showers is a ideal opportunity to visit one of the three Prague open-air cinemas. The first one (and probably best known) is on Strelecky island, the other two are on Rohansky island and in the garden of Czech Radio Regina in Prague-Karlin.
Open-air cinema on Strelecky island shows mainly art movies. Films are shown every day – at 21:30 in July and 21:00 in August. This cinema is popular by tourists, as Czech films have English subtitles. The tickets cost 100 CZK, students and disabled people have discounts. You can get there from Legii bridge (near the National Theatre). Click here for the programme of the cinema.
The open-air cinema in the area of River City Prague on Rohansky island offers Friday’s and Saturday’s night shows. The cinema is oriented this summer towards the spy theme, movies are shown for free. For the programme of the cinema click here (only in Czech).
To see a movie for 25 CZK is possible in the open-air cinema in the garden of Czech Radion Regina in Hybesova 10 street in Prague 8. Visitors can look forward to popular Czech film Empties, Spider Man 3 and many others. See the programme of the cinema here.
- Austrian director let Dukovany explode [November 7 2008, 14:53 PM]
- Drastic Clips for Increasement of Road Safety: they appear less they should, critics say [November 3 2008, 12:43 PM]
- Czech Television Broadcasts Drastic Clips about Road Safety [October 13 2008, 13:57 PM]
- Bathory - the most expensive Czech film [July 8 2008, 08:30 AM]
- Czech Girls are Amazingly Hot Video [June 13 2008, 15:49 PM]
- Obcan Havel – Citizen Havel: New Czech Comedy Movie [January 29 2008, 12:01 PM]
- Surprising evenings in the Aero cinema [September 17 2007, 13:08 PM]
- Open-air marathon of the third season of Lost in Prague [August 17 2007, 11:41 AM]
- Americans to make a movie about Princess Libuse [August 10 2007, 16:24 PM]
- Tickets for Harry Potter in your mobile phone [July 17 2007, 17:10 PM]
- Open-air cinemas in Prague [July 17 2007, 11:51 AM]
- James Bond will not come back to the Czech Republic [July 16 2007, 11:31 AM]
- Harry Potter in IMAX cinema in Prague [July 12 2007, 13:34 PM]
- Echoes of IFF Karlovy Vary 2007 in Prague [July 10 2007, 14:52 PM]
- Narnia land is now in the Barrandov Studio in Prague [June 26 2007, 11:41 AM]
- Come to see movies under the open sky [June 4 2007, 12:09 PM]
- 'Kinoautomat' is back after 40 years [May 22 2007, 17:03 PM]
- Pirate ships instead of bus stops in Prague [May 18 2007, 10:03 AM]
- Multiplex or a traditional cinema? [May 7 2007, 18:10 PM]
- The Spanish Film Show in Prague [May 2 2007, 11:02 AM]
- Febiofest starts this Thursday [March 20 2007, 15:07 PM]
- Babylon A.D. with Vin Diesel is shot in Prague now [March 19 2007, 13:41 PM]
- New film about anti-Communist heroine [March 14 2007, 16:14 PM]
- Morgan Freeman in Prague [February 23 2007, 11:14 AM]
- Oscar ceremony live in Prague's cinema [February 22 2007, 09:44 AM]