40 milliards CZK (1.3 milliards €), which represent approximately a year’s budget of whole Prague, are planned to be invested to the modernization of the public transport in Prague.
New tramways and buses and repaired old train sets are to be bought throughout the next ten years. This project is about to start the next year, as instructs an informative material of the town councilors. There are 33 new tramways going to appear in the streets of Prague. We, who are so much comfortable with the old ones, that recall the spirit of 1960’s, are off our luck, because the new trains are already being build by Skoda Transportation. Let’s just hope the design will be harmonious with the old nature of Prague city center.
Metro C, the Red line, is now the only line that has only new trains to show off. M1 class trains are going to stay there, but 33 from 48 classic Russian trains are at least going to be adjusted before this years’ end. The city is still paying off the last 20 M1 trains, so the plans for buying of new trains count for 2010-2018.
- The traffic returns under Vysehrad sooner [November 26 2008, 11:54 AM]
- Prague Public Transport (MHD) gets 40 billions CZK [September 25 2007, 14:01 PM]
- Advantages and disadvantage of trams with Porsche design [July 25 2007, 10:10 AM]
- Every sixth tram in Prague goes too fast [July 3 2007, 15:14 PM]
- Two trams crashed in the centre of Prague [June 5 2007, 14:16 PM]
- Prague will get more modern trams Porsche [April 24 2007, 12:39 PM]
- Historical trams in Prague again from this Saturday [March 27 2007, 09:59 AM]
- Every sixth passenger in Prague travels without a valid ticket [March 6 2007, 11:32 AM]
- New tram in Prague for disabled and mothers with children [February 2 2007, 14:58 PM]
- Good results of patrols in night trams [January 26 2007, 10:55 AM]
- Conductors in night trams from tomorrow [January 15 2007, 13:36 PM]
- Conductors on night trams in Prague [December 22 2006, 14:06 PM]
- Travelling at night will be safer [November 6 2006, 09:58 AM]
- Tram driver was riding drunk [September 12 2006, 15:48 PM]
- A new tram got off the rails [September 8 2006, 12:07 PM]
- Tram semaphore are obsolete [September 4 2006, 10:33 AM]
- Trams returned to Vodickova street [July 26 2006, 10:14 AM]
- Night trams will be more expensive [July 14 2006, 10:21 AM]
- 500 millions CZK for tram repairs this year [April 24 2006, 11:28 AM]
- New Porsche tram has interior problems [April 11 2006, 10:25 AM]
- Through Prague with new Porsche for less than 1 Euro [April 5 2006, 10:40 AM]