This Saturday at Pankrac you can enjoy concerts of popular bands, as well as various workshops, and entertaining ‘family’ shows. If you have kids, this would be an opportunity to let them enjoy pony-riding or games, or (if they are very young) let them in the ‘games tent’ with professionals.
And for you? You can enjoy climbing wall, or compete in arm-wrestling, or other chosen activities. There is a Hummer show, and free concerts starting 14:00. What we would particulary recommend is the concert starting 20:00 – Cechomor (Czechomor) Czech and Moravian music ansamble. Information about this famous group follows.
Four years after their breakthrough album “Transformations” (Promeny) which won them three Czech Music Academy Awards (Best Album, Best Group, Best Song). There is no substitute for Czechomor, cult World Music band from the Czech Republic. Deeply rooted in Moravian village music, their repertoire reflects the passion and anguish of a region moulded by centuries of Ottoman raids, Napoleonic battles and folk ballads.
Czechomor have sold over 200 000 album units.
As ex-president Václav Havel’s favorite ensemble, Czechomor entertained celebrity audiences at charity concerts. They brought Czech folk music to the Royal Albert Hall in London.
By the end of 2000, their new album Czechomor was a platinum success and sold over 20 000 copies. Reaching a mainstream audience was a challenge. After “updating” traditional songs, Czechomor embarked on an ambitious project. The musicians met up with Jaz Coleman from the British punk band Killing Joke, who had turned to classical music. Coleman helped them produce their next album, Transformations, recorded with the Czech Philharmonic Collegium. The album was a tremendous success with over 80 000 copies sold. Transformations went on to win three Czech Music Academy Awards for Best Album, Best Group, Best Song.
Theme: Concert of world music
- Tony Allen, 'the best drummer' comes to Prague [January 19 2009, 17:33 PM]
- Goran Bregovic and Karmen (with happy ending) [December 10 2008, 17:44 PM]
- Spectacular Irish Tap Dance in Prague [August 29 2008, 09:52 AM]
- R.E.M. This Sunday in Prague [August 15 2008, 15:25 PM]
- Flogging Molly change date of Concert [June 30 2008, 14:13 PM]
- Flogging Molly in Prague - Irish folk-punk you will love [June 27 2008, 15:42 PM]
- Sylvain Chauveau and Félicie Atkins: Music Infinity [June 16 2008, 09:29 AM]
- EuroConnections in Prague Acropolis: Messer Chups (Rus) + Bad Tones (Cz) [May 30 2008, 10:20 AM]
- African Jimmi Hendrix Bassekou Kouyate concert in Prague [May 23 2008, 14:05 PM]
- Tom Waits – His First Prague Concert [May 23 2008, 12:02 PM]
- Irglova with Hansard in June in Prague [May 9 2008, 16:03 PM]
- Kava Kava; Pat Fulgoni in Prague [April 22 2008, 18:01 PM]
- Señor Coconut and his Orchestra (feat. Argenis Brito) in Prague [April 15 2008, 15:57 PM]
- Arno (FR) Concert [April 8 2008, 09:55 AM]
- World Music in Prague [March 26 2008, 13:09 PM]
- Watcha Clan Nomadic DnB Jungle in Prague [March 19 2008, 15:55 PM]
- Kaizer Orchestra going to Prague Acropolis [March 14 2008, 09:29 AM]
- Bobby McFerrin Concert in Prague [March 11 2008, 09:25 AM]
- Wadaiko Yamato Stunning Drummers show in Prague [February 7 2008, 09:55 AM]
- Amsterdam Klezmer Band in Prague [January 29 2008, 14:03 PM]
- The New York Ska-Jazz Ensemble in Prague [December 20 2007, 07:24 AM]
- World's fastest Brass Band comes back to Prague [December 11 2007, 09:45 AM]
- Czech out Christmas Concert of Cechomor [December 7 2007, 16:15 PM]
- Cibelle in Prague [December 5 2007, 09:30 AM]
- Roma Music in Prague [December 3 2007, 17:39 PM]