The Czech Republic made a mockery of Germany’s unbeaten record in Euro 2008 qualifiers with an amazing 3-0 away win at Munich’s Allianz Arena to seal their qualification.
The Czechs overcame Germany’s defence with all three goals coming from their midfield as coach Karel Brueckner’s tactic of playing a 4-2-3-1 formation paid off.
The Czech national football team has advanced into Euro 2008, that takes place June next year in Austria and Switzerland. It is a great news not only for sport fans, but also for mangers and owners of companies.
Last time, in the European championship 2004, the Czech team was led by the same coach, Karel Brueckner, and we gained bronze. It is his third successful qualification in a row.
Over five thousand Czech fans arrived into Munich and had a great time. Such a contest was won by a Czech team in Germany for the last time in 1964 . Germany is not used to such loses – they have been beaten with a difference of three goals just six times since the WWI. Will the Czech team be able to keep its winning spirit into the end of Euro 2008?
- Football Euro 2008: Czechs Out [June 16 2008, 11:55 AM]
- Czech football representation prepares for the EURO Cup [January 15 2008, 09:55 AM]
- Czechs Sealed Qualification for Euro 2008 [October 18 2007, 09:59 AM]
- Slavia Praha for the first time in Champions League [August 30 2007, 11:39 AM]
- New spectator area for Prague fooball supporters-juniors [April 3 2007, 16:20 PM]
- Footbal national stadium should be at Letna [May 18 2006, 16:30 PM]
- Another scandal of Czech Football league [April 27 2006, 15:41 PM]