The next week starts one of the most interesting exhibitions of the year. Its name is Albrecht z Valdstejna a jeho doba and the organizers have prepared six hundred exhibits, linked with the person of the aristocrat. For example clothing of the 16th century.
“It will be the biggest exhibition of Albrecht von Wallenstein that has ever took place.” says the producer of the exhibition. It starts 15th November in Prague Wallenstein Garden, and right now the last exhibits are being delivered from Czech castles and museums.
Albrecht Wenzel Eusebius von Wallenstein
Was a Bohemian soldier and politician who gave his services (an army of 30,000 to 100,000 men) during the Danish Period of the Thirty Years’ War to Ferdinand II for no charge except the right to plunder the territories that he conquered.
A successful generalissimo who ruled the Duchy of Friedland in northern Bohemia, Wallenstein was released from service in 1630 after Ferdinand grew wary of his ambition. Several Protestant victories over Catholic armies induced Ferdinand to recall Wallenstein, who again turned the war in favor of the Imperial cause. Dissatisfied with the emperor’s treatment of him, Wallenstein considered allying with the Protestants. However, Ferdinand had the general assassinated at Eger.
Theme: Other exhibitions
- Cursed Gold in Prague Still Attracts [January 27 2009, 11:23 AM]
- Humorous Mosaic made Bulgarians angry [January 14 2009, 09:49 AM]
- Modern Middle-Eurpean art exibition in Prague [December 29 2008, 11:54 AM]
- Various pictures of Jesus' birth in Prague [December 23 2008, 11:52 AM]
- Nativity Scene Prague Exhibition [December 22 2008, 10:42 AM]
- Important Chapter of Czech Design exhibition [December 4 2008, 15:44 PM]
- Diamond jewels exhibited in Prague [December 3 2008, 12:00 PM]
- Jewels from age of st. Wenceslas at Prague Castle [November 21 2008, 11:10 AM]
- Inca Gold Exhibition at Prague Castle [November 10 2008, 14:46 PM]
- Bronze babies at Kampa [October 31 2008, 10:41 AM]
- The Industrial Palace will revive. By Erotic Exhibition this weekend. [October 30 2008, 08:22 AM]
- Legendary Indian Gold in Prague Exhibition [October 24 2008, 17:34 PM]
- Tutankhamun – Huge exhibition at Brno started [October 16 2008, 15:30 PM]
- The exhibition in Prague maps concentration camps [October 14 2008, 17:15 PM]
- Artist to broadcast Morse code from Petrin lookout Tower [October 9 2008, 13:48 PM]
- The Metropolis and 90th anniversary of the Republic foundation [October 8 2008, 17:45 PM]
- Designblok in Prague [October 6 2008, 15:46 PM]
- Cursed Gold at Prague Castle Exhibition [October 2 2008, 15:19 PM]
- Designblok of this year – focus on Czech mode [October 1 2008, 15:31 PM]
- Germany going to lend the originals of Munich Agreement [September 24 2008, 17:45 PM]
- Martha Rosler in Prague Gallery Langhans [September 23 2008, 17:43 PM]
- Prague Airport shortly a Gallery [September 17 2008, 13:54 PM]
- Blue Mauritius is in Prague, You can see it. Only This Weekend [September 11 2008, 15:56 PM]
- Pumpkins Exhibition in Prague [September 3 2008, 16:39 PM]
- Zizkov Tower Babies going to Kampa [August 27 2008, 09:45 AM]