Radio 1, which is the oldest alternative radio of Prague, presents their new festival called Midnight Sun Session. It introduces northerners’ culture and tradition live – music, theatre, film, dance or arts.
The first Midnight Sun Session starts this Sunday 18th at 18:00 by featuring the movie Heim about Sigur Rós. Sigur Rós is an Icelandic post-rock band with melodic, classical, experimental, and minimalist elements. The band is known for its ethereal sound and lead singer Jónsi’s falsetto voice.
The evening will continue from 19:30 with Ralph Myerz and the Jack Herren Band. They are a Norwegian electronica group. Their live shows have gained a massive reputation both in Norway and in the rest of Europe combining various percussion instruments and pyrotechnics.
The other Midnight Sun Sessions will introduce northern stars like Koop or Múm. All the info is possible to find at Radio 1 webpage here
Midnight Sun Session starts this Sunday 18th November 2007,
Palac Akropolis Kubelíkova 27, Prague.
Theme: Concert of world music
- Tony Allen, 'the best drummer' comes to Prague [January 19 2009, 17:33 PM]
- Goran Bregovic and Karmen (with happy ending) [December 10 2008, 17:44 PM]
- Spectacular Irish Tap Dance in Prague [August 29 2008, 09:52 AM]
- R.E.M. This Sunday in Prague [August 15 2008, 15:25 PM]
- Flogging Molly change date of Concert [June 30 2008, 14:13 PM]
- Flogging Molly in Prague - Irish folk-punk you will love [June 27 2008, 15:42 PM]
- Sylvain Chauveau and Félicie Atkins: Music Infinity [June 16 2008, 09:29 AM]
- EuroConnections in Prague Acropolis: Messer Chups (Rus) + Bad Tones (Cz) [May 30 2008, 10:20 AM]
- African Jimmi Hendrix Bassekou Kouyate concert in Prague [May 23 2008, 14:05 PM]
- Tom Waits – His First Prague Concert [May 23 2008, 12:02 PM]
- Irglova with Hansard in June in Prague [May 9 2008, 16:03 PM]
- Kava Kava; Pat Fulgoni in Prague [April 22 2008, 18:01 PM]
- Señor Coconut and his Orchestra (feat. Argenis Brito) in Prague [April 15 2008, 15:57 PM]
- Arno (FR) Concert [April 8 2008, 09:55 AM]
- World Music in Prague [March 26 2008, 13:09 PM]
- Watcha Clan Nomadic DnB Jungle in Prague [March 19 2008, 15:55 PM]
- Kaizer Orchestra going to Prague Acropolis [March 14 2008, 09:29 AM]
- Bobby McFerrin Concert in Prague [March 11 2008, 09:25 AM]
- Wadaiko Yamato Stunning Drummers show in Prague [February 7 2008, 09:55 AM]
- Amsterdam Klezmer Band in Prague [January 29 2008, 14:03 PM]
- The New York Ska-Jazz Ensemble in Prague [December 20 2007, 07:24 AM]
- World's fastest Brass Band comes back to Prague [December 11 2007, 09:45 AM]
- Czech out Christmas Concert of Cechomor [December 7 2007, 16:15 PM]
- Cibelle in Prague [December 5 2007, 09:30 AM]
- Roma Music in Prague [December 3 2007, 17:39 PM]