The historically first Prague exhibition about the art of the streets presents absolutely unique collection of stickers and stencils. Partly originals un-sticked from Prague Streets, partly professional documentation.
Street art is a phenomena, having many different definitions; alternative form of communication, folk typography, creative arts or even vandalism.
Stickers are placed basically on everything that forms a part of a street, but the most popular are traffic signs, stoplights, drips, various poles and others.
This kind of art can be found in larger cities, having more than 200 thousands citizens. Stickers are placed especially in a city center and around places visited by young people.
Subjects of the stickers are various, sometimes it is purely art, absurd, grotesque, ironic or funny messages, comic characters, animals in various positions, but also political themes like globalization etc.
A street artist works for free, do not expect fame. His creations are destroyed by people and weather. Many fight against stickers, even when stickers do not harm buildings and the creators say, they do not wish their streets to be full of billboards, too.
It is also possible to buy a book documenting Prague street arts , first of its kind.
Komunikacni Prostor Skolska 28, Street art Prague, Skolska 28, Prague 1, www.skolska28.cz, Opened Mo-Sat 10-17
Theme: Other exhibitions
- Cursed Gold in Prague Still Attracts [January 27 2009, 11:23 AM]
- Humorous Mosaic made Bulgarians angry [January 14 2009, 09:49 AM]
- Modern Middle-Eurpean art exibition in Prague [December 29 2008, 11:54 AM]
- Various pictures of Jesus' birth in Prague [December 23 2008, 11:52 AM]
- Nativity Scene Prague Exhibition [December 22 2008, 10:42 AM]
- Important Chapter of Czech Design exhibition [December 4 2008, 15:44 PM]
- Diamond jewels exhibited in Prague [December 3 2008, 12:00 PM]
- Jewels from age of st. Wenceslas at Prague Castle [November 21 2008, 11:10 AM]
- Inca Gold Exhibition at Prague Castle [November 10 2008, 14:46 PM]
- Bronze babies at Kampa [October 31 2008, 10:41 AM]
- The Industrial Palace will revive. By Erotic Exhibition this weekend. [October 30 2008, 08:22 AM]
- Legendary Indian Gold in Prague Exhibition [October 24 2008, 17:34 PM]
- Tutankhamun – Huge exhibition at Brno started [October 16 2008, 15:30 PM]
- The exhibition in Prague maps concentration camps [October 14 2008, 17:15 PM]
- Artist to broadcast Morse code from Petrin lookout Tower [October 9 2008, 13:48 PM]
- The Metropolis and 90th anniversary of the Republic foundation [October 8 2008, 17:45 PM]
- Designblok in Prague [October 6 2008, 15:46 PM]
- Cursed Gold at Prague Castle Exhibition [October 2 2008, 15:19 PM]
- Designblok of this year – focus on Czech mode [October 1 2008, 15:31 PM]
- Germany going to lend the originals of Munich Agreement [September 24 2008, 17:45 PM]
- Martha Rosler in Prague Gallery Langhans [September 23 2008, 17:43 PM]
- Prague Airport shortly a Gallery [September 17 2008, 13:54 PM]
- Blue Mauritius is in Prague, You can see it. Only This Weekend [September 11 2008, 15:56 PM]
- Pumpkins Exhibition in Prague [September 3 2008, 16:39 PM]
- Zizkov Tower Babies going to Kampa [August 27 2008, 09:45 AM]