The court of Prague 1 have decided yesterday, the company Sedop doesn’t have to leave its position on Old Town square. The City Hall gave Sedop a notice to quit two years ago, from the reason of overpricing the fares. This is the second time of a lawsuit for the overpriced fares in Prague, and the second time when the City Hall lost.
The court gave the driver the truth, when he has chosen to overprice the fares. So Sedop will not only stay at the Old town square, but they can even request compensation of damages, which were caused by the lawsuit. The speaker of Sedop said: “The City hall cannot say, how much we charge our customers. The customers can choose, how much they want to pay.” City hall have appealed from the judgment.
Theme: Prague Taxi Services
- Prague Municipal Council Lost to Taxi Again [November 22 2007, 08:54 AM]
- Fair taxi in Prague from 'Fair Place' taxi stands [August 1 2007, 09:59 AM]
- Taxi from Prague's Old Town Square for 28 CZK now [April 20 2007, 10:10 AM]
- Prague's taxi drivers file a lawsuit [February 14 2007, 11:16 AM]
- Prague's taxi drivers protest [January 18 2007, 11:06 AM]
- How to avoid being rubbed by taxi drivers in Prague? [January 16 2007, 13:00 PM]
- Fight against the overcharged taxi services [December 19 2006, 12:16 PM]
- Changes in taxi services in Prague [December 12 2006, 14:15 PM]
- Prague taxi is one of most expensive in Europe [August 23 2006, 12:18 PM]
- Prague taxi will be more expensive [July 19 2006, 13:47 PM]