The president Vaclav Klaus has impugned the idea of organizing the Olympic games in Prague again yesterday. Klaus, according to his words, is not sure if “organizing of the Olympic Games would bring the Czech Republic positives only”. According to the Czech president the Olympics are troublesome, not only because of their expenses.
“I fear the immense impact of various Olympic sports, sports that are normally not done in our country at all, those that might not have a single viewer, but need specific sports grounds built for them anyway.”
Vaclav Klaus proclaimed he still remembers a debate with one minister of Greek government about one area, where Greeks have built stadiums for Olympic Games 2004. “…he said: there is a stadium for baseball, and I responsibly say there is not a single person, that would play baseball in Greece”. Klaus described.
According to the director of the Prague Olympic community Tomas Petera there are going to be only three new stadiums build in Prague, the other sports fields are going to be made by reconstructions of stadiums that are already build, and by constructions of provisional Olympic stances.
Klaus have expressed his opinions earlier, i.e. in May, when he said “skeptical yes” for the Games.
Theme: Olympic Games in Prague
- Prague Olympic Society got 11milions czk grant [December 11 2008, 13:43 PM]
- Bem Plans Changes in Order to Win the Olympic Candidacy of 2020 [July 22 2008, 09:51 AM]
- Olympic Games 2016: Not in Prague [June 5 2008, 09:53 AM]
- International Olympic Committee deciding about Olympic Games placement today [June 4 2008, 11:45 AM]
- Klaus: Don't pretend the Olympics will be profitable [May 21 2008, 17:39 PM]
- Constitutional yard denied Prague Olympics referendum [January 28 2008, 17:05 PM]
- Czech Mayors demand Olympics referendum at Constitutional yard [January 22 2008, 09:53 AM]
- Prague OG Questionarie Sent [January 15 2008, 14:01 PM]
- Czech Prime Minister: Yes to Olympics [January 9 2008, 17:45 PM]
- Fate of Prague Olympics Will be Decided [January 7 2008, 17:55 PM]
- Prague Olympics Cheaper? [December 14 2007, 09:49 AM]
- Czech Olympic Games Candidacy was still not given Government Guarantee [December 11 2007, 11:50 AM]
- President Vaclav Klaus impugned Olympic Games [November 27 2007, 14:02 PM]
- Millions of CZK for preparation of possible Olympic Games in Prague [November 21 2007, 13:02 PM]
- Olympic Games Prague: Referendum seems Probable. [October 25 2007, 14:02 PM]
- Petition for Referendum to Prague Olympics [October 22 2007, 11:55 AM]
- Posters Supporting Olympics in Prague [October 11 2007, 09:59 AM]
- Czech Olympic Logo has Changed [October 9 2007, 17:43 PM]
- Czech Government Hesitates with Supporting Olympics [October 5 2007, 15:55 PM]
- Olympic Games in Prague, Fact or Fiction? [October 3 2007, 14:04 PM]
- Prague Olympics Discussion [September 27 2007, 14:05 PM]
- Mayors against Olympic Games 2016 [September 19 2007, 14:00 PM]
- It's official: Prague applied for Olympic Games 2016 [September 5 2007, 09:20 AM]
- Prague people mostly don't agree with Olympic Games in Prague [April 5 2007, 15:11 PM]
- Pouched marmot as a mascot of possible Olympic Games in Prague [March 16 2007, 13:15 PM]