In Michigan city of Grand Rapids, they got real turmoil, when they thought (and massively called the police and fire brigade), that there is a person hanging from a roof of a building.
When a crowd gathered, and police and fire brigade arrived to talk the ‘unhappy person, which hanged there by the hand’ off the sin (no one thought it strange he was so strong to hang there for hours), they found out it is just a statue.
The famous Czech Artist Jan Cerny, who installs lots of his sculptures in the streets of Prague, is the author. The statue is called Viselec, or The Hanging Man and it is ‘on holiday’ on the roof of Open Concept Gallery in Grand Rapids. It represents life size psychoanalyst Sigmund Freud, hanging by one hand.
It is going to scare the Americans until spring 2008. After, it is going to come back home, to Prague, above Jilska street in Prague Old Town.
Theme: Funny stories
- Vaclav Klaus sometimes replaced by Vaclav Havel for Czech Chairmanship. [January 7 2009, 11:28 AM]
- Prague Zoo Keeper lost his bet with Gorilla, he lost less pounds [December 5 2008, 13:40 PM]
- Czech Etymologist escaped from India custody [October 27 2008, 12:36 PM]
- Man Wanted to Smuggle Grass-snake in His Underwear [June 17 2008, 08:56 AM]
- Prague Bank Robbed with Plasticine [June 12 2008, 13:57 PM]
- Husband and Wife driving car: His Blood alcohol concentration 2%, his wife 5% [June 6 2008, 10:00 AM]
- And that's why ... you don't sleep with the first guy you meet in Prague [May 26 2008, 13:55 PM]
- If You are the Czech Prime Minister, than I am the Pope [April 21 2008, 09:55 AM]
- Installing a Living Room in Prague Metro [April 16 2008, 18:02 PM]
- Power shovel dug out Fox cubs in Prague [April 2 2008, 16:05 PM]
- Ztohoven Art Group Trial Started [March 25 2008, 15:47 PM]
- Bakers run from controllors [March 17 2008, 11:02 AM]
- Five-year old boy crashed his car [February 28 2008, 17:44 PM]
- A Snake Took A Shelter in A Czech Police Car for A Month [February 20 2008, 17:52 PM]
- Czech Scientists at Antarctica found and eaten 50-years-old soup [February 5 2008, 17:51 PM]
- The Shortest Prison Sentence in History [January 31 2008, 13:34 PM]
- Why do the Poles like Jozin z Bazin / Józek z bagien [January 25 2008, 18:02 PM]
- Józek z bagien – 30 years old Czech hit loved by the Poles [January 16 2008, 13:45 PM]
- Czechs Won a Prize for a Very Curious Death. [January 2 2008, 11:54 AM]
- Czech Hearse driver caught with 3,58% of Alcohol [December 21 2007, 13:02 PM]
- The Narrowest Street in Prague is Equipped With Traffic Lights [December 20 2007, 14:10 PM]
- Famous Czech self-murderer shocked America [December 6 2007, 14:02 PM]
- Dog Restaurant in Czech Republic [October 31 2007, 10:52 AM]
- What does the Lost Property Office in Prague hold? [August 20 2007, 15:58 PM]
- From Prague to Karlstejn by metro?! [June 25 2007, 16:57 PM]