The final word, whether the Czech Government agrees with Czech Candidacy for Olympic Games in 2016 in Prague, will be heard 10th January 2008. The Czech public was given many negative comments of the government so far; the Prime minister Mirek Topolanek (ODS) said during the question time in the House of parliament the government is not guarantying anything to the city in the matter of the Olympic Games.
To gain political support is one of the pivots for Olympic Games organizing. The government however hesitated, and so the Czech Olympic committee candidated without bless of the Czech Government. So far to the bad beginning.
Negative position was also adopted by mayors of smaller cities, who demanded Prague should pay the games itself. According to MAFRA public opinion research, the public demands referendum. The President Vaclav Klaus said it is clear the Olympics are going to be a loss-making business.
Many voices certainly speak against the games. The government decision comes on 10th January.
Theme: Olympic Games in Prague
- Prague Olympic Society got 11milions czk grant [December 11 2008, 13:43 PM]
- Bem Plans Changes in Order to Win the Olympic Candidacy of 2020 [July 22 2008, 09:51 AM]
- Olympic Games 2016: Not in Prague [June 5 2008, 09:53 AM]
- International Olympic Committee deciding about Olympic Games placement today [June 4 2008, 11:45 AM]
- Klaus: Don't pretend the Olympics will be profitable [May 21 2008, 17:39 PM]
- Constitutional yard denied Prague Olympics referendum [January 28 2008, 17:05 PM]
- Czech Mayors demand Olympics referendum at Constitutional yard [January 22 2008, 09:53 AM]
- Prague OG Questionarie Sent [January 15 2008, 14:01 PM]
- Czech Prime Minister: Yes to Olympics [January 9 2008, 17:45 PM]
- Fate of Prague Olympics Will be Decided [January 7 2008, 17:55 PM]
- Prague Olympics Cheaper? [December 14 2007, 09:49 AM]
- Czech Olympic Games Candidacy was still not given Government Guarantee [December 11 2007, 11:50 AM]
- President Vaclav Klaus impugned Olympic Games [November 27 2007, 14:02 PM]
- Millions of CZK for preparation of possible Olympic Games in Prague [November 21 2007, 13:02 PM]
- Olympic Games Prague: Referendum seems Probable. [October 25 2007, 14:02 PM]
- Petition for Referendum to Prague Olympics [October 22 2007, 11:55 AM]
- Posters Supporting Olympics in Prague [October 11 2007, 09:59 AM]
- Czech Olympic Logo has Changed [October 9 2007, 17:43 PM]
- Czech Government Hesitates with Supporting Olympics [October 5 2007, 15:55 PM]
- Olympic Games in Prague, Fact or Fiction? [October 3 2007, 14:04 PM]
- Prague Olympics Discussion [September 27 2007, 14:05 PM]
- Mayors against Olympic Games 2016 [September 19 2007, 14:00 PM]
- It's official: Prague applied for Olympic Games 2016 [September 5 2007, 09:20 AM]
- Prague people mostly don't agree with Olympic Games in Prague [April 5 2007, 15:11 PM]
- Pouched marmot as a mascot of possible Olympic Games in Prague [March 16 2007, 13:15 PM]