A fraction of the mayors against the Olympic Games have filed a complaint to the constitutional yard. They challenge Prague City Hall for not discussing their petition in the legitimate time.
They want to ‘stop Prague council from doing nothing’ The signers state to care foremostly for keeping the constitutional law. : “…respect for petition law is a sign of respect to democracy. It is possible Prague mayors oversee the petition because it doesn’t fit into their megalomaniac plans, however it is necessary to respect and discuss it according to the law”.
The speaker of Prague City Hall announced on 19th October, they are going to debate about the petition within 60 days. Now is 22th January and the ‘Mayors against the Olympics’ feel discriminated.
The Prague City hall have admitted earlier, they err. Some of Czech smaller cities demand referendum, because they are afraid the Olympics would drain away their budgets.
Theme: Olympic Games in Prague
- Prague Olympic Society got 11milions czk grant [December 11 2008, 13:43 PM]
- Bem Plans Changes in Order to Win the Olympic Candidacy of 2020 [July 22 2008, 09:51 AM]
- Olympic Games 2016: Not in Prague [June 5 2008, 09:53 AM]
- International Olympic Committee deciding about Olympic Games placement today [June 4 2008, 11:45 AM]
- Klaus: Don't pretend the Olympics will be profitable [May 21 2008, 17:39 PM]
- Constitutional yard denied Prague Olympics referendum [January 28 2008, 17:05 PM]
- Czech Mayors demand Olympics referendum at Constitutional yard [January 22 2008, 09:53 AM]
- Prague OG Questionarie Sent [January 15 2008, 14:01 PM]
- Czech Prime Minister: Yes to Olympics [January 9 2008, 17:45 PM]
- Fate of Prague Olympics Will be Decided [January 7 2008, 17:55 PM]
- Prague Olympics Cheaper? [December 14 2007, 09:49 AM]
- Czech Olympic Games Candidacy was still not given Government Guarantee [December 11 2007, 11:50 AM]
- President Vaclav Klaus impugned Olympic Games [November 27 2007, 14:02 PM]
- Millions of CZK for preparation of possible Olympic Games in Prague [November 21 2007, 13:02 PM]
- Olympic Games Prague: Referendum seems Probable. [October 25 2007, 14:02 PM]
- Petition for Referendum to Prague Olympics [October 22 2007, 11:55 AM]
- Posters Supporting Olympics in Prague [October 11 2007, 09:59 AM]
- Czech Olympic Logo has Changed [October 9 2007, 17:43 PM]
- Czech Government Hesitates with Supporting Olympics [October 5 2007, 15:55 PM]
- Olympic Games in Prague, Fact or Fiction? [October 3 2007, 14:04 PM]
- Prague Olympics Discussion [September 27 2007, 14:05 PM]
- Mayors against Olympic Games 2016 [September 19 2007, 14:00 PM]
- It's official: Prague applied for Olympic Games 2016 [September 5 2007, 09:20 AM]
- Prague people mostly don't agree with Olympic Games in Prague [April 5 2007, 15:11 PM]
- Pouched marmot as a mascot of possible Olympic Games in Prague [March 16 2007, 13:15 PM]