Under the auspices of the Mayor of the City of Prague Pavel Bém and the Mayor of Prague 1 Petr Hejma the second year of culture is organized.
Why a carnival? Celebrating the joy of life, fantasy, talent, craft, and creativity. Director of the festival Zlatuse J. Müller informs :
“Festivals of this type belong to the all-European culture heritage. They were usual in the Czech lands, as in other parts of Europe, for more than seven centuries and they have its historic tradition, that we would like to bring to life again at the Bohemian Carnevale festival.”
To held marches of masks clearly has long tradition in the Bohemian lands, even when until recently it was for some reason kept outside of big cities. Metropolises like Prague has to find the way to its roots, and Bohemian Carnevale is one of these moments Prague wakes up and brightens with joy, food, and masks.
The organizers have divided the event into four parts, having exotically sounding names; Divertimento Furioso, Cuisine d’Alchimiste, Praga Mysteriosa, Bohemia Divina. Those are quite describing – Divertimento Furioso means ‘Furious Fun’ – that is the part when the masks march the city in joy.
The main theme of this, the second Bohemian Carnevale, is Metamorphosis.
The event in Prague, January 31 – February 5 2008, at Clam-Gallas Palace, Husova 20, Prague 1, and in the centre of Prague. Tickets to Clam-Gallas Pallace at ticketpro.com, or since the day before start at the desk.
Theme: Festivals others
- Prague Wine Week festival started yesterday [January 13 2009, 10:06 AM]
- Czech Christmas Eve [December 23 2008, 13:33 PM]
- Christmas in Prague – Selected Events [November 27 2008, 13:44 PM]
- The Christmas tree arrived to Old Town Square in Prague [November 26 2008, 09:45 AM]
- Czech Military parade on 28th October [October 23 2008, 15:49 PM]
- Comics master of underground perversion Crumb in Prague [October 7 2008, 15:24 PM]
- Prague celebrations in Historical way – mead, lutes [September 30 2008, 11:49 AM]
- Strings of Autumn – Music festival in Prague comes nearer [September 26 2008, 11:51 AM]
- Tip for your day – Letni Letna Festival in Prague [August 26 2008, 08:08 AM]
- The Best Circus in Prague Starts today [August 20 2008, 15:39 PM]
- Prague prepares for its first festival of graffiti and street art [August 12 2008, 09:51 AM]
- Summer of Love Dance Music festival [August 6 2008, 17:55 PM]
- Three day festival of street theatre Started [July 17 2008, 17:45 PM]
- Jugglig Festival in Prague [July 7 2008, 08:54 AM]
- The Street Art Festival of Prague [July 3 2008, 11:52 AM]
- The jubilee 15th Year of Mystic Sk8 Cup in Prague [July 1 2008, 17:42 PM]
- Prague Beer Days this Week Already [May 26 2008, 11:49 AM]
- Jizni Mesto of Prague Street Art Festival [May 15 2008, 13:48 PM]
- United Islands of Prague [May 14 2008, 13:55 PM]
- The Marionette Festival Prague [May 13 2008, 11:55 AM]
- Bohemian Carnevale in Prague [January 28 2008, 14:05 PM]
- Zizkov Carnival – Zizkovsky Masopust [January 22 2008, 13:55 PM]
- Prague International Book Fair [January 21 2008, 09:39 AM]
- Marriage Festival at Prague Vystaviste [January 11 2008, 15:45 PM]
- Prague Mayor lighting up the Christmas tree [December 3 2007, 12:03 PM]