The radar in Brdy, close to Prague, will be build, announced the Minister of Defense Parkanova.
Both sides agreed that they will return to the talks soon. Before that, there will be consultations regarding taxes and penal jurisdiction.
NATO sees expansion of the missile defences as necessity to protect European members against a possible missile attack from Iran. The radar, which is going to be placed in the Czech Republic, is a unit with 10 interceptor missiles in Poland.
The Greatest opposer of the system is Russia, stating it threatens its security, sometimes threatening the CR variously.
Czech government officials announced an agreement could be entered into in April of this year. The Prime minister Topolanek travels to Washington on February 27, the radar will be expectably the main topic of his meeting with G. W. Bush.
Theme: U.S. radar base near Prague
- Russia: You Czechs Belong to the Eastern Europe [February 12 2009, 13:33 PM]
- Clinton decides to shelve the Czech Radar [February 11 2009, 11:21 AM]
- Schwarzenberg negotiates in USA today [February 10 2009, 15:26 PM]
- Russia welcomes warming negotiations with USA [February 9 2009, 13:56 PM]
- Obama Prepares Disarmament, What About Czech Radar? [February 5 2009, 13:49 PM]
- Russia changed its mind – no rockets in Kaliningrad yet [January 28 2009, 09:52 AM]
- NATO stood behind the Czech Radar [December 4 2008, 11:56 AM]
- Czech Senate passed the Radar treaty [November 28 2008, 09:43 AM]
- Czech Senate Approving the Radar Treaty [November 27 2008, 15:53 PM]
- Russia offered USA Joint Shield – This may be Turning Point of Radar Negotiations [November 21 2008, 13:34 PM]
- Berlusconi expressed love to Russia by aversion to Radar [November 14 2008, 11:10 AM]
- Obama is the President, will it change Czech Radar negotiations? [November 6 2008, 11:43 AM]
- Czech Radar Matter Put Simply: Russia or USA? [October 30 2008, 14:33 PM]
- The Civic Democrats (ODS) have probably last chance to accredit the radar [October 29 2008, 10:43 AM]
- Czech Army: Spies watch planned Radar indeed [September 30 2008, 17:52 PM]
- Vaclav Havel defends USA radar in CR [September 29 2008, 11:47 AM]
- BIS: Russian secret agents led campaign against the US radar [September 25 2008, 15:21 PM]
- Movie about US military base [September 23 2008, 13:54 PM]
- Topolanek: The best campaign for the radar was the conflict in Southern Ossetia [September 4 2008, 15:46 PM]
- Last Page of Czech Radar Treaty Soon Ready [August 25 2008, 09:49 AM]
- Pro-US Radar demonstration in Prague [August 21 2008, 08:33 AM]
- Opposers of the Radar had a big day yesterday. [July 9 2008, 13:57 PM]
- The Mair Radar treaty signed yesterday [July 9 2008, 11:34 AM]
- Questions and Answers about the US Radar base in the CR [July 9 2008, 09:23 AM]
- Czech Government welcomes Condoleezza Rice [July 8 2008, 11:44 AM]