Langweil model of Prague is one of the most extraordinary and most admired exhibit in the Museum of the City of Prague. And now, they prepare a 3D digitalized version of the unique piece.
Anyone interested in old Prague can virtually go through all the corners of the city from the first half of the 19th century. E.g. there is St. Vitus Cathedral before the southern wing was finished.
In the half of 2008, the digitalized version should be accessible by the public. It will cost probably about 12,5 millions czk.
If we go to prague.net, we can read more about Langweil’s model of Prague :
Langweil model of Prague is one of the most extraordinary and most admired exhibit in the Museum of the City of Prague.
Langweil’s model of Prague is a paper and wood model that shows Prague what it looked like about 150 years ago. Many buildings in the model cannot be found in present Prague any more. The model was created in a scale of 1:480, which means there is a street one millimeter wide, the graves on the Jewish town are similarly petite.
- Scuba divers found pieces of a bridge which was before the Charles Bridge in Prague [February 5 2009, 15:49 PM]
- Prague not penalizing itself for Charles Bridge reconstruction [January 26 2009, 15:33 PM]
- The Charles Bridge Reconstruction Dispute probably ends in a draw [November 12 2008, 08:25 AM]
- Charles Bridge reconstruction - bungled or not? [November 6 2008, 14:22 PM]
- Problems of Charles Bridge reconstruction [November 5 2008, 09:07 AM]
- Old Town Square: Enthusiasts want Historical Pillar to return, have 3 pieces of replica already made [November 4 2008, 10:36 AM]
- Charles Bridge myth is soon going to be Busted ... or proven True. [September 19 2008, 16:43 PM]
- Mayors have delivered a petition against closing of Masarykovo Nadrazi [September 3 2008, 17:58 PM]
- List of Most Wanted of Tourist Prague [September 1 2008, 13:46 PM]
- Charles Bridge was harmed by salt, water and thoughtless repair [August 14 2008, 13:31 PM]
- Masarykovo nadrazi – 19th century railway station in Prague planned changes [August 6 2008, 16:01 PM]
- Charles Bridge Reconstruction [July 15 2008, 09:49 AM]
- Prague doesn't, but Melnik wants the gift from Sarkozy [June 20 2008, 11:55 AM]
- Czechs Refused Palach Statue [June 13 2008, 11:46 AM]
- Will The Old Town City Hall ever be Completed? [May 7 2008, 18:01 PM]
- Radecky's Statue to come back to Little Quarter? [April 18 2008, 11:48 AM]
- Charles Bridge damaged more than expected [March 17 2008, 09:31 AM]
- Digitalized model of Prague soon ready [February 19 2008, 09:04 AM]
- Spring Weather got Charles Bridge reconstruction back on track [February 8 2008, 15:31 PM]
- Tyn church, vista point of Old Prague, gets New Bell [December 10 2007, 17:50 PM]
- Statues came back on the Astronomical Clock [December 7 2007, 12:05 PM]
- A Vandal at Prague Astronomical Clock [December 6 2007, 14:15 PM]
- Freezing weather ended Charles Bridge repairs [November 30 2007, 17:53 PM]
- Archaeologists finished exploration of Charles Bridge [November 19 2007, 14:01 PM]
- Martinic Palace in Prague opens to the public [September 7 2007, 14:41 PM]