MF Dnes have drawn attention to the fact; Germany, which has symbolised the rich and expensive country for Czechs twenty years ago, is now becoming comparably cheaper.
If we go through a little counting, we find out: a bottle of Pilsner Urquell costs 19,90 CZK, meanwhile in Germany it is 15,93 CZK. The beer is four crowns cheaper, and also empties of Pilsner pay for more in the Czech Republic, than in Germany.
It would be very lucrative to build a business on it, however there is a problem; beer sold in the CR must have a Czech label.
Why the company Plzensky Prazdroj, the maker of Pilsner Urquell, puts its prices so high? They can afford it, as every second beer drunk in the Czech Republic is made by the company. They are setting the price. In 2006 it made 130 millions €, which makes it tenth most profitable company in the CR.
- In Czech Republic, man go 4x, women 2x a week to have Beer [February 11 2009, 17:05 PM]
- Christmas beers start to be sold in Prague [December 2 2008, 11:43 AM]
- Beer of the Year: KOZEL [September 26 2008, 13:48 PM]
- The Best Czech Beer according to The Times [September 9 2008, 13:47 PM]
- 'Czech Beer' to become a trademark [July 30 2008, 09:49 AM]
- Budejovicky Budvar – Budweiser – now even Bai De Fu [June 17 2008, 11:57 AM]
- The Czech police is going to give away free non-alcoholic beer [June 16 2008, 13:55 PM]
- Prices of Beer in Prague [April 23 2008, 17:55 PM]
- Pilsner Urquell is Cheaper in Germany than in the Czech Republic [February 26 2008, 11:49 AM]
- Czech Brands Advertisements in the World [January 29 2008, 14:59 PM]
- Pilsner Urquell International Master Bartender of the Year 2007 [October 16 2007, 14:00 PM]
- 165th Anniversary of the Czech Beer Pilsner Urquell [October 5 2007, 12:02 PM]
- The largest Czech brewery plans to rise the price of beer [September 13 2007, 16:10 PM]
- Beer specialities in Prague [July 9 2007, 10:01 AM]
- Beer dispenser can read the age of consumers [March 16 2007, 10:36 AM]
- Czech beer breaks records [March 15 2007, 11:21 AM]
- Czechs vetoed the increase in price of beer [November 29 2006, 12:45 PM]
- Diplomatic support - a beer barrow [November 24 2006, 10:06 AM]
- The best brewer and pub are in Prague [November 22 2006, 12:02 PM]
- No increase of consumption tax on beer [November 8 2006, 12:06 PM]
- Pilsner Urquell will be more expensive [October 17 2006, 14:58 PM]
- Old brewery returns to Celetna street after 600 years [October 16 2006, 13:32 PM]
- More expensive beer? [October 12 2006, 14:40 PM]
- New Beer of Czech Republic [June 13 2006, 17:11 PM]
- Kozel Day full of beer [June 1 2006, 11:44 AM]