Theme: Sex as a power instrument, woman as a misuse subject or clever manipulator
The possibilities of visual arts provoke us to unveil things that are usually out of scope of our everyday communication. Descriptive presentation, often criticised, is considered insufficient as far as projection of erotic motives is concerned. Rightly described affinity touches the boundaries of what is usually called pornography. But is not pornography the most natural visual language of all? Things that we are unable to reflect become taboo, but taboo has become something that is no longer respected today. And there is another interesting aspect of this ever present and absolute freedom – intimacy. How do we relate to intimacy in various presentations of erotic motives? Does intimacy still have a meaning for us when we can calculate it? And how important is morality for us after its definition has been made relative? It looks as if there was only a soft and indistinct boundary between art and pornography in the best works of art. Entering sexual relations we find ourselves within an intricate communication network supported by a dominant hierarchic structure and the important question: „Who is using who?“ There are not many Czech artists who would find this topic open and appealing.
Participating artists: Andy Warhol, Corinna Schnitt, Katarzyna Kozyra, Elke Krystufek, Lenka Klodová, Franz Kapfer, Mark Ther, Ondřej Brody, Petra Pětiletá, Roy Stuart, Veronika Drahotová. Curator: Pavel Humhal
The exhibition is not suitable for persons under the age of 18!
Roy Stuart’s film „The Lost Door“, 2007 – 2008, 120 min., will be shown in the gallery on Wednesdays and Fridays from 6 p.m. The film is in French with English subtitles.
Andy Warhol’s film „Women in Revolt“, 1971, 95 min., will be shown in the gallery on Thursdays and Saturdays from 6 p.m. The film is in English.
Gallerie Vaclava Spaly (Vaclav Spala Gallery), Narodni 30, Praha 1. 34th April -15th June 2008
Theme: Other exhibitions
- Cursed Gold in Prague Still Attracts [January 27 2009, 11:23 AM]
- Humorous Mosaic made Bulgarians angry [January 14 2009, 09:49 AM]
- Modern Middle-Eurpean art exibition in Prague [December 29 2008, 11:54 AM]
- Various pictures of Jesus' birth in Prague [December 23 2008, 11:52 AM]
- Nativity Scene Prague Exhibition [December 22 2008, 10:42 AM]
- Important Chapter of Czech Design exhibition [December 4 2008, 15:44 PM]
- Diamond jewels exhibited in Prague [December 3 2008, 12:00 PM]
- Jewels from age of st. Wenceslas at Prague Castle [November 21 2008, 11:10 AM]
- Inca Gold Exhibition at Prague Castle [November 10 2008, 14:46 PM]
- Bronze babies at Kampa [October 31 2008, 10:41 AM]
- The Industrial Palace will revive. By Erotic Exhibition this weekend. [October 30 2008, 08:22 AM]
- Legendary Indian Gold in Prague Exhibition [October 24 2008, 17:34 PM]
- Tutankhamun – Huge exhibition at Brno started [October 16 2008, 15:30 PM]
- The exhibition in Prague maps concentration camps [October 14 2008, 17:15 PM]
- Artist to broadcast Morse code from Petrin lookout Tower [October 9 2008, 13:48 PM]
- The Metropolis and 90th anniversary of the Republic foundation [October 8 2008, 17:45 PM]
- Designblok in Prague [October 6 2008, 15:46 PM]
- Cursed Gold at Prague Castle Exhibition [October 2 2008, 15:19 PM]
- Designblok of this year – focus on Czech mode [October 1 2008, 15:31 PM]
- Germany going to lend the originals of Munich Agreement [September 24 2008, 17:45 PM]
- Martha Rosler in Prague Gallery Langhans [September 23 2008, 17:43 PM]
- Prague Airport shortly a Gallery [September 17 2008, 13:54 PM]
- Blue Mauritius is in Prague, You can see it. Only This Weekend [September 11 2008, 15:56 PM]
- Pumpkins Exhibition in Prague [September 3 2008, 16:39 PM]
- Zizkov Tower Babies going to Kampa [August 27 2008, 09:45 AM]