What makes a band truly remarkable? Insightful lyrics? Memorable melodies? Blow-your-mind live performances? The truth is that it takes all of those things along with a boundless enthusiasm, an infectious energy and a supreme devotion to the fans. With this rare combination, a band may ascend past “good,” – or even the record industry’s Holy Grail, “marketable” – and reach sublime.
Drawing on the hardships and joys of their own lives and a musical history ranging from old world Celtic to modern day punk rock, the seven members of Flogging Molly do just that, and they do it with a charm and an ease that makes them one of the most accessible bands performing today.
“We’re not a traditional band,” explains Dublin born singer/songwriter, Dave King. “We are influenced by traditional music and inspired by it, and we put our own little twist on it.”
“If it didn’t have mandolin, accordion, fiddle and whistle, it would be punk rock, and if it didn’t have guitar, bass and drums, it would be traditional Irish music,” King admits, adding, “You can’t be bothered being labeled.”
Eight member group punk-folk group which recently produced new album Float. Contagious energy, strong melodies.
2nd July in Rock Café, Prague. Are you going?
Theme: Concert of world music
- Tony Allen, 'the best drummer' comes to Prague [January 19 2009, 17:33 PM]
- Goran Bregovic and Karmen (with happy ending) [December 10 2008, 17:44 PM]
- Spectacular Irish Tap Dance in Prague [August 29 2008, 09:52 AM]
- R.E.M. This Sunday in Prague [August 15 2008, 15:25 PM]
- Flogging Molly change date of Concert [June 30 2008, 14:13 PM]
- Flogging Molly in Prague - Irish folk-punk you will love [June 27 2008, 15:42 PM]
- Sylvain Chauveau and Félicie Atkins: Music Infinity [June 16 2008, 09:29 AM]
- EuroConnections in Prague Acropolis: Messer Chups (Rus) + Bad Tones (Cz) [May 30 2008, 10:20 AM]
- African Jimmi Hendrix Bassekou Kouyate concert in Prague [May 23 2008, 14:05 PM]
- Tom Waits – His First Prague Concert [May 23 2008, 12:02 PM]
- Irglova with Hansard in June in Prague [May 9 2008, 16:03 PM]
- Kava Kava; Pat Fulgoni in Prague [April 22 2008, 18:01 PM]
- Señor Coconut and his Orchestra (feat. Argenis Brito) in Prague [April 15 2008, 15:57 PM]
- Arno (FR) Concert [April 8 2008, 09:55 AM]
- World Music in Prague [March 26 2008, 13:09 PM]
- Watcha Clan Nomadic DnB Jungle in Prague [March 19 2008, 15:55 PM]
- Kaizer Orchestra going to Prague Acropolis [March 14 2008, 09:29 AM]
- Bobby McFerrin Concert in Prague [March 11 2008, 09:25 AM]
- Wadaiko Yamato Stunning Drummers show in Prague [February 7 2008, 09:55 AM]
- Amsterdam Klezmer Band in Prague [January 29 2008, 14:03 PM]
- The New York Ska-Jazz Ensemble in Prague [December 20 2007, 07:24 AM]
- World's fastest Brass Band comes back to Prague [December 11 2007, 09:45 AM]
- Czech out Christmas Concert of Cechomor [December 7 2007, 16:15 PM]
- Cibelle in Prague [December 5 2007, 09:30 AM]
- Roma Music in Prague [December 3 2007, 17:39 PM]