What has to be done yet?
If the radar is to be build, the politicians have to sign and accredit two international contracts. The main agreement was signed yesterday by Karel Schwarzenberg and Condoleezza Rice. The second contract is the Agreement between the Czech Republic and the USA about the status of military forces, so called SOFA. The negotiations continue, for example the problem of taxes is still not solved.
What is the resume of the main contract?
The Americans commit themselves to, using the anti-rocket defense, protect the Czech Republic against the possible attack of ballistic rockets. The Maximal number of soldiers present at the base is 250. The main command is in the hands of the USA anti-rocket defense department.
When the contract actually start to apply?
When it is ratified by the parliament.
How does the radar work?
Radar should be able to ‘see’ a military rocket about four minutes after it starts. It does it by continually transmitting radio waves. Source: LN
Theme: U.S. radar base near Prague
- Russia: You Czechs Belong to the Eastern Europe [February 12 2009, 13:33 PM]
- Clinton decides to shelve the Czech Radar [February 11 2009, 11:21 AM]
- Schwarzenberg negotiates in USA today [February 10 2009, 15:26 PM]
- Russia welcomes warming negotiations with USA [February 9 2009, 13:56 PM]
- Obama Prepares Disarmament, What About Czech Radar? [February 5 2009, 13:49 PM]
- Russia changed its mind – no rockets in Kaliningrad yet [January 28 2009, 09:52 AM]
- NATO stood behind the Czech Radar [December 4 2008, 11:56 AM]
- Czech Senate passed the Radar treaty [November 28 2008, 09:43 AM]
- Czech Senate Approving the Radar Treaty [November 27 2008, 15:53 PM]
- Russia offered USA Joint Shield – This may be Turning Point of Radar Negotiations [November 21 2008, 13:34 PM]
- Berlusconi expressed love to Russia by aversion to Radar [November 14 2008, 11:10 AM]
- Obama is the President, will it change Czech Radar negotiations? [November 6 2008, 11:43 AM]
- Czech Radar Matter Put Simply: Russia or USA? [October 30 2008, 14:33 PM]
- The Civic Democrats (ODS) have probably last chance to accredit the radar [October 29 2008, 10:43 AM]
- Czech Army: Spies watch planned Radar indeed [September 30 2008, 17:52 PM]
- Vaclav Havel defends USA radar in CR [September 29 2008, 11:47 AM]
- BIS: Russian secret agents led campaign against the US radar [September 25 2008, 15:21 PM]
- Movie about US military base [September 23 2008, 13:54 PM]
- Topolanek: The best campaign for the radar was the conflict in Southern Ossetia [September 4 2008, 15:46 PM]
- Last Page of Czech Radar Treaty Soon Ready [August 25 2008, 09:49 AM]
- Pro-US Radar demonstration in Prague [August 21 2008, 08:33 AM]
- Opposers of the Radar had a big day yesterday. [July 9 2008, 13:57 PM]
- The Mair Radar treaty signed yesterday [July 9 2008, 11:34 AM]
- Questions and Answers about the US Radar base in the CR [July 9 2008, 09:23 AM]
- Czech Government welcomes Condoleezza Rice [July 8 2008, 11:44 AM]