Primal Scream’s career could in many ways be read as a microcosm of British indie rock in the ’80s and ’90s. Bobby Gillespie formed the band in the mid-‘80s
Primal Scream specialized in infectious, jangly pop on its early records. After a brief detour to punky hard rock, the group reinvented itself as a dance band in the early ’90s, following through on the pop and acid house fusions of the Stone Roses and Happy Mondays.
Primal Scream created the ultimate indie pop and dance fusion album, Screamadelica, in 1991. Screamadelica broke down boundaries and changed the face of British pop music in the ’90s, helping to make dance and techno acceptable to the rock mainstream.
Their was the title track to the hit 1996 film Trainspotting. Primal Scream’s contribution to the soundtrack was a return to the dance stylings of Screamadelica, only darker. The last album was in 2008 Beautiful Future with the hit Kill it Back.
You can hear them in Prague Club Roxy close to Namesti Republiky, on 3rd October 2008. Tickets at Ticketpro.
Theme: Concert of alternative music
- Vinyl Magician Wax Tailor in Prague [November 27 2008, 09:47 AM]
- Nigerian Songster ASA in Prague [November 6 2008, 16:40 PM]
- The Young Gods in Prague [October 1 2008, 09:55 AM]
- Conor Oberst - Songster in Prague [September 9 2008, 17:40 PM]
- Sigur Rós in Prague [August 7 2008, 11:57 AM]
- The Young Gods on Sazavafest [July 31 2008, 17:50 PM]
- Primal Scream come to Prague [July 22 2008, 17:35 PM]
- Tom Waits heading to Prague [July 18 2008, 15:25 PM]
- THE CRÜXSHADOWS (USA) in Prague [July 17 2008, 13:52 PM]
- Mars Volta Concert moves to Roxy from Mala Sportovni Hala [July 2 2008, 15:39 PM]