Lidove Noviny presented a study of a label proposal.
The European Union is, with high probability, going to entitle the Czech Republic to use Ceske Pivo / Czech Beer as a trademark for beer brewed using the certain technologies in the certain latitude. It won’t change much for export of the well-known labels, however it should lead to higher customer satisfaction.
The reason is; beers like Staropramen or Pilsner Urquell are made in Russia, Poland or Slovakia, its externals however do not say much about the possibility of slight taste change. The Ceske pivo sign would say it all. If it is passed, we are probably going to see that label in half a year.
The other purpose is to distinguish similar labels, like the famous Budejovicky Budvar / Budweiser dispute. If both the beers use the same name and technology, the one directly from the Czech Republic should clearly say so.
- In Czech Republic, man go 4x, women 2x a week to have Beer [February 11 2009, 17:05 PM]
- Christmas beers start to be sold in Prague [December 2 2008, 11:43 AM]
- Beer of the Year: KOZEL [September 26 2008, 13:48 PM]
- The Best Czech Beer according to The Times [September 9 2008, 13:47 PM]
- 'Czech Beer' to become a trademark [July 30 2008, 09:49 AM]
- Budejovicky Budvar – Budweiser – now even Bai De Fu [June 17 2008, 11:57 AM]
- The Czech police is going to give away free non-alcoholic beer [June 16 2008, 13:55 PM]
- Prices of Beer in Prague [April 23 2008, 17:55 PM]
- Pilsner Urquell is Cheaper in Germany than in the Czech Republic [February 26 2008, 11:49 AM]
- Czech Brands Advertisements in the World [January 29 2008, 14:59 PM]
- Pilsner Urquell International Master Bartender of the Year 2007 [October 16 2007, 14:00 PM]
- 165th Anniversary of the Czech Beer Pilsner Urquell [October 5 2007, 12:02 PM]
- The largest Czech brewery plans to rise the price of beer [September 13 2007, 16:10 PM]
- Beer specialities in Prague [July 9 2007, 10:01 AM]
- Beer dispenser can read the age of consumers [March 16 2007, 10:36 AM]
- Czech beer breaks records [March 15 2007, 11:21 AM]
- Czechs vetoed the increase in price of beer [November 29 2006, 12:45 PM]
- Diplomatic support - a beer barrow [November 24 2006, 10:06 AM]
- The best brewer and pub are in Prague [November 22 2006, 12:02 PM]
- No increase of consumption tax on beer [November 8 2006, 12:06 PM]
- Pilsner Urquell will be more expensive [October 17 2006, 14:58 PM]
- Old brewery returns to Celetna street after 600 years [October 16 2006, 13:32 PM]
- More expensive beer? [October 12 2006, 14:40 PM]
- New Beer of Czech Republic [June 13 2006, 17:11 PM]
- Kozel Day full of beer [June 1 2006, 11:44 AM]